U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 PM
 
1,734 posts, read 1,442,214 times
Reputation: 475
Default Baby Stuff Rentals

Is there any place around where you can rent baby things like a stroller, playpen, etc.? My niece and her baby are coming for a visit so I thought I would look into renting some things she might need for the baby while she is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Taylors, SC
8,721 posts, read 14,291,508 times
Reputation: 2674
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
Is there any place around where you can rent baby things like a stroller, playpen, etc.? My niece and her baby are coming for a visit so I thought I would look into renting some things she might need for the baby while she is here.
I thought about this being we brought our 4 mo old grandaughter with us to visit. Instead of renting, hit the thrift stores or Craigslist to get it real cheap. Once you're done with it, youi can sell it on Craigslist or donate it back to the thrift store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
741 posts, read 1,114,449 times
Reputation: 164
How old is the baby and where about do you live ?

We just had a 'baby-toddler' garage sale and got rid of almost everything from our son's baby-toddler days... have a few items maybe still around... I can check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
 
1,734 posts, read 1,442,214 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
How old is the baby and where about do you live ?

We just had a 'baby-toddler' garage sale and got rid of almost everything from our son's baby-toddler days... have a few items maybe still around... I can check
The baby is 7 months old and I live in Mount Pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
741 posts, read 1,114,449 times
Reputation: 164
I will look in the garage tomorrow and see what I have. I know I have a diaper changing table... but she does not need one.. can use the floor, bed etc. I will see what else I might have... a stroller I have might be too big.. it is an umbrella stroller.... ask her about an umbrella stroller in the meantime.... might work, might not. I will look tomorrow and let you know. I am on Park West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
 
1,734 posts, read 1,442,214 times
Reputation: 475
Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
741 posts, read 1,114,449 times
Reputation: 164
I checked the garage and boy we did better than I had thought... we sold everything.... OK.. I remember pocketing $650 at the garage sale.. had to I guess sell a lot then

All I have is the umbrella stroller... may work.. but may not for a 7 month old .. although it would be temporary ?

Ask your niece.. I can take a pic.

Sorry, thought I had more....... memory is the first to go

Last edited by MichaelNYC; 02-08-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM
 
1,734 posts, read 1,442,214 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
I checked the garage and boy we did better than I had thought... we sold everything.... OK.. I remember pocketing $650 at the garage sale.. had to I guess sell a lot then

All I have is the umbrella stroller... may work.. but may not for a 7 month old .. although it would be temporary ?

Ask your niece.. I can take a pic.

Sorry, thought I had more....... memory is the first to go
I talked to my niece and she said she is bringing a stroller. She can check it for free when boarding the plane. Thanks for checking on what you have. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
741 posts, read 1,114,449 times
Reputation: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
I talked to my niece and she said she is bringing a stroller. She can check it for free when boarding the plane. Thanks for checking on what you have. I really appreciate it.
One can bring a stroller and baby seat on flights.
Stroller is great... acts as a luggage carrier.

I would have loaned you anything I had.

We had the situation when were first came here 3 yrs ago to look around with our 1 yr old.
Our real estate broker USCJoe was again super.. he gathered from friends and relatives all the items we needed, high chair etc.
Would have reciprocated for someone else is same situation.

Enjoy the visit

Last edited by MichaelNYC; 02-09-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2013, 11:41 AM
 
149 posts, read 139,006 times
Reputation: 67
A used pack-n-play from Craigslist or once upon a child might be worth it. It can be used until the Baby is around 2 for sleeping and I started using mine for a ball crawl for my 1 & 3 year old. Mine is loaned out right now to a grandma who has a visiting grandbaby or I would offer it to you. A used bouncer or bumpo seat would work as a "high chair" if you put it on a blanket on the floor to feed baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top