Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM

5 posts, read 6,989 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I like the country living but not too far from the downtown scene, that is why I am interested in the Goose Creek area, not too far from Charleston or the beach. Also, I see that properties are much more affordable for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 11:04 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,597,921 times
Goose Creek definitely has some more rural areas and as you noted is generally more affordable. It's not too far from the beach as long as it isn't rush hour traffic

Old 02-18-2015, 11:18 AM

5 posts, read 6,989 times
I am on the right track then. I know there are big companies like Boeing, but wonder if an HR job will be hard to come by, I am in the HR field, the benefits side of HR.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:44 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,183 times
Aside from HR at the corporate level ... you might also take a look at Benefocus on Daniel Island ... they just announced the hiring of 1200 new employees at that site ... they manage HR programs nationally as a tech company.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:21 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,597,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post
aside from hr at the corporate level ... You might also take a look at benefocus on daniel island ... They just announced the hiring of 1200 new employees at that site ... They manage hr programs nationally as a tech company.
+1

Old 09-22-2020, 07:49 AM

8 posts, read 4,786 times
Default You are Welcome in Charleston, SC !

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelh730 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm fed up with living in New York State, and just yesterday, I read the 10 top worst states for taxes and it came as no surprise to me to see New York State as the # 1 winner for the worst state for taxes to live in.

I've been researching places down south to relocate too and generally like South Carolina - so this is one of the places I'm researching. I work FT in Human Resources and also a licensed real estate agent. I would love to hear from people who currently live in South Carolina or who have lived there in the past to get your feedback. What are the best places to live and work? Which cities offer the best employment opporunities for my field?

How do people respond to northerners in South Carolina? From my experience, people from the South seem very friendly - is it evident in most places?

Any valuable information you can share with me about South Carolina would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

I moved to the Charleston, SC area two years ago from San Francisco for the same reason as you. There are alot of out of state transplants from CT, NY, OH and CA so the transition was easer than I had anticipated. Local Southerners have also welcomed us with open arms as well. I love living here and have no homesickness alothough I lived in Northern California for my entire life - 64 years - before moving.

Since you are a real estate ageent, you may appreciate this: My wife and I are buying a home in North Charleston so ours is on the market if you would like to view it on MLS. It would also give you an idea of the local housing market.

The address is: 874 Tupelo Bay Drive, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464.

Please feel free to contact me or the listing agent for more info.

Best,

Steven S.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:53 AM

Rory,

I live in Mount Pleasant, SC and love it here

Old 09-22-2020, 08:15 AM

Default You are Welcome in Charleston, SC !

I move to the Charleston, SC area after 64 years in California and love it here! We recently purchased a home in North Charleston and have our home in Mount Pleasant on the market. If you want to view it virtually, the address is:

874 Tup[elo Bay Drive, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

There are alot of transplants from NY,CT, OH and CA in addition to locals. I have found all to be very warm and welcoming. I would encouge anyone who needs to move to check out the Charleston, SC area.

Thanks,

Steven

Old 09-22-2020, 08:33 AM

Hi, Joy,

Here is a list to look at...13 Charleston Tech companies land a spot on the Inc. 5000 list. This is Inc.'s annual rankings of the fastest-growing private companies in America. The 13 Charleston Tech companies are:

SnapCap
PureCars
Q4Launch
Blue Acorn
Phishlabs
Visiture
ISHPI
Ceterus
TargetMarket
Advantage Media Group
Call Experts
Cantey Technology
Stasmayer

Old 09-22-2020, 12:20 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaulque View Post
I move to the Charleston, SC area after 64 years in California and love it here! We recently purchased a home in North Charleston and have our home in Mount Pleasant on the market. If you want to view it virtually, the address is:

874 Tup[elo Bay Drive, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

There are alot of transplants from NY,CT, OH and CA in addition to locals. I have found all to be very warm and welcoming. I would encouge anyone who needs to move to check out the Charleston, SC area.

Thanks,

Steven
SS

You are moving the opposite direction of most. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area