U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,836 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm from the charleston area, but currently residing in ohio while i finish my radiology degree. I plan on moving back very soon and hopefully working at MUSC or one of the surrounding hospitals. I'm trying to research a few places online, but of course being so far away makes it difficult. Does anyone have any opinions about Riverland Woods apartments off Folly Rd? I know traffic could be bad since its off that rd, but if not any recommendations for other apartments? i would just need a small one bedroom.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,062,913 times
I'm mid-twenties female and live outside 526 in West Ashley in a really nice apartment community. 24/7 gym, year-round pool, grilling stations, monthly social events. Pay a little over $900 for a 1BR but that includes trash, cable, Internet. I don't like throwing out where I live so if you want more info, just PM me. It's a very safe community, everyone respects the property, and there's not a million kids running around. Mostly young professionals or retired people seem to live here. I guess it also depends how far you want to live from downtown. If I travel to DT around 7am, I can get there in 20-25 minutes. Now that's obviously different when there is traffic.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,673,920 times
I've heard good things about Riverland Woods, that is definitely a lot closer to MUSC than where I live (I live outside 526 near Bee's Ferry Rd). I love where I live and it's great if you don't mind the drive to MUSC, you can get a bigger, nicer apartment for cheaper but you do have the location trade off. Now, if you get a job at Bon Secours hospital in West Ashley then you're in luck because that's really close here.

Are you looking at downtown, James Island, etc?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,134 times
Default hi =)

I'm from PA, working in AR, and about to relocate to SC...My job is opening up a branch downtown and I'm hoping to live close by. I am looking for an apartment complex like you explained (that's what I live in now and it is perfect!) and I am hoping to keep rent under $1000/month. Any recommendations? I would really appreciate it! I have to move by May and that is coming up fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I'm mid-twenties female and live outside 526 in West Ashley in a really nice apartment community. 24/7 gym, year-round pool, grilling stations, monthly social events. Pay a little over $900 for a 1BR but that includes trash, cable, Internet. I don't like throwing out where I live so if you want more info, just PM me. It's a very safe community, everyone respects the property, and there's not a million kids running around. Mostly young professionals or retired people seem to live here. I guess it also depends how far you want to live from downtown. If I travel to DT around 7am, I can get there in 20-25 minutes. Now that's obviously different when there is traffic.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-AR-SC View Post
I'm from PA, working in AR, and about to relocate to SC...My job is opening up a branch downtown and I'm hoping to live close by. I am looking for an apartment complex like you explained (that's what I live in now and it is perfect!) and I am hoping to keep rent under $1000/month. Any recommendations? I would really appreciate it! I have to move by May and that is coming up fast!
I don't know of any complexes downtown but the apartment community I mentioned, they have a sister location in Mount Pleasant called Woodfield Long Point and they are pretty identical. I think they are around 10ish miles from downtown too.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 PM

4,923 posts, read 3,673,853 times
Atlantic Palms Apartment Rentals Literally right next door to Trident Hospital, 25 doctors offices, and across the street from Charleston Southern University. 20-25 minutes to downtown.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
20-25 minutes to downtown.
Not during rush hour...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or