Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM

8 posts, read 7,871 times

Advertisements

What are some of the needs to know around here??

I am 26 and going to be moving in with two other room mates. What are some do's and don'ts?

What apartments / apartment townhouses are the best from the worst??

Best cable / internet provider??

Also is there a way where I can find a job better then google, monster or anything like that?? I have a four year degree in Business & Technology Management.

We would like to come down and move come July or Aug. by the latest.

Thoughts would be extremely helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,317,526 times
30 from Rochester here moving to Mt. Pleasant next month (with wife and son)!

Check out this thread for complexes in the Mt. Pleasant area: Mt Pleasant Apartments - impressions of a mom and son

Also, check out the listings in Apartmentratings.com as well. I was pretty impressed with some of the reviews of some places not discussed in that thread. We are going into Riverwood because of the 3-bedroom option, the timing, and the ratings on that website.

I just found out this week that Comcast and Knology are your potentials in Mt. P, but Knology isn't everywhere there. Satellite is an option if the complex allows it (Riverwood does not). Ask the complex managers if they have sales rep associated as you will get the better deals through them than phoning their call center.

Indeed.com for jobs. Sign up for their alerts. You can customize the frequency of the alerts and what search terms to use. I got a ton every day! Also, this website is an awesome one that brings you right to the companies' job page: Charleston Jobs - Charleston SC South Carolina Jobs & Employment

Old 03-26-2013, 06:19 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,592,949 times
What area are you looking at to move to? That will help with letting you know what places to avoid. There are a ton of rental places in the area. I would suggest calling the local police department once you narrow down to a few places to find out how the areas are. I did that and am glad I did because I was originally looking at a place in a not so great area.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that different areas have different cable providers.

For jobs try indeed.com and careerbuilder.com.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:04 PM

41 posts, read 59,278 times
I live in Mt Pleasant and use ATT U verse for Phone, internet & cable.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,888 times
It's all Comcast over here in West Ashley outside 526 where we are, I really wish we had more of a choice for internet.

Here is a similar thread from the same mom and son, when they visited West Ashley: West Ashley Apartments - impressions of a mom and son

Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,592,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagirl410 View Post
I live in Mt Pleasant and use ATT U verse for Phone, internet & cable.
What area of Mt. P do you live? I will have to find out if I can get AT&T. I keep looking to change from Comcast.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM

214 posts, read 325,627 times
28 and moving to Mount Pleasant from Syracuse NY with my husband (25) and our son!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area