Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,353,565 times

Advertisements

Had to. It's Comcast or AT&T DSL at 6mb. Not much choice. If you go Direct, let me know, we'll share a discount
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Had to. It's Comcast or AT&T DSL at 6mb. Not much choice. If you go Direct, let me know, we'll share a discount
While we share the same road going home...........

We cannot share the discount, sorry

I have so many people tossing me their names to use as a reference for their discount and mine.... just stand in line... if all the others fall through (either change their company from DirectTV or move) I will let you know.

It is amazing........ just mention you want to switch to DirectTV and immediately they shout... use me (wish it were the same when the bill comes at the dinner table)

I have one friend fill out the form FOR me he downloaded on-line himself and put his name down as the reference.

But of course no harm in asking.. I would as well.
But the bases are well covered.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM

192 posts, read 409,434 times
Thanks for the info. It looks like we are going to have to use Comcast...maybe we can get Direct TV for entertainment...my husband will miss all the football and basketball packages that Verizon offers and it would be well worth it to have the Direct TV as well

I had Direct TV once before and I liked it except for when the dish got covered with all that snow and we had to go broom it off!

We've had Comcast as well and they were always a PIA to deal with. I think that's nation-wide!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,329,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum23 View Post
Thanks for the info. It looks like we are going to have to use Comcast...maybe we can get Direct TV for entertainment...my husband will miss all the football and basketball packages that Verizon offers and it would be well worth it to have the Direct TV as well

I had Direct TV once before and I liked it except for when the dish got covered with all that snow and we had to go broom it off!

We've had Comcast as well and they were always a PIA to deal with. I think that's nation-wide!
Don't think this will be a problem here....

Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,888 times
We called Comcast multiple times to drop the bill and they never would. Now that we moved, we switched it from my husband's name to my name. He cancelled his and I subscribed.

They asked him for a reason to cancel and he had to tell them he was being deployed (he's not being deployed, but he had to give a reason so they wouldn't bother him, lol).

Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,317,526 times
With any of the big boys (Comcast or TWC), I have learned to never call their call center and get their usual advertised deals. If you call a private sales rep, they can set you up with unadvertised deals that are contract free and usually have options that rival what they give you when you threaten to leave. Every apartment/townhome complex should have one, but they can work with residential homes as well. PM me and I can give you the one given to me, if you're interested.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:57 AM

817 posts, read 2,003,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
We called Comcast multiple times to drop the bill and they never would. Now that we moved, we switched it from my husband's name to my name. He cancelled his and I subscribed.

They asked him for a reason to cancel and he had to tell them he was being deployed (he's not being deployed, but he had to give a reason so they wouldn't bother him, lol).
You do not ask them to drop the bill.

You say you are tired of people, new customers getting better deals... as in my neighbor who just moved in showed me their bill and I was not thrilled how much they are paying and me being a loyal customer for years pays more... I tell them.

So drop me I am switching to DirectTV and then THEY volunteer to see what they can do... switching you to the 'retention' dept.

They dropped my bill $10. then called and it went down $20. then $5. more etc etc
I am paying what a new customer is paying now.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
I don't pay for TV. I pay $29.99 for 12 Mb service from Comcast. No one else can even come close to that. Cable TV is a waste and satellite TV is great as long as you don't mind Multi year service contracts and losing service when its cloudy, rainy or too windy. God forbid you have trees in your yard.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,353,565 times
I've never lost service due to it being cloudy or windy. The only time I've ever had an issue with rain is when it was a torrential downpour. But on those times we have a OTA Tivo set up.

$29.99 for 6 months then $49.99 thereafter?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Quote:
I've never lost service due to it being cloudy or windy. The only time I've ever had an issue with rain is when it was a torrential downpour. But on those times we have a OTA Tivo set up.
I had Dish Network when I lived out in the middle of nowhere. Heavy wind was a problem. The mounts seemed secure. The only thing I could think was that the wind was actually deflecting part of the antenna/dish. We had trees in our yard (gasp!) so they could have been interfering during those times as well (actually, the trees were on the other side of the dish, so that wasn't it). Rain routinely degraded and/or cut out the HD signal completely. And either way I have no interest in service commitments. I vowed never to return unless I had no other choice.

Quote:
$29.99 for 6 months then $49.99 thereafter?
Yes, but I'm now in my second 6-month "introductory" period. I just called and asked for it again and they gave it to me. When this one is up, I'll try it again. If it doesn't work. I'll transfer the service to my wife's name and get it that way.

Last edited by lizardspock; 05-09-2013 at 07:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area