Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times

Advertisements

Rep. Moneill...

Old 06-24-2013, 07:00 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,430,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The only folks that continue to 'trash' an area and the folks who live in it .are those that don't live in Mt. Pleasant. You NEVER see a Mt. Pleasdant resident attacking folks who choose to live somewhere else.

Mt. Pleasant is a large community and you have all kinds of folk. It isn't very uniform at all. Waters Edge is not I'On which is not Seaside which has a completely different feel to Dunes WEst, Park West, Rivertowne, Brickyard, Oakhaven, Lakeshore, Center Lake, Watermark, Shellpoint, Hobcaw Creek, Horlbeck Creek, Old Village. The different areas and the people who live in them are very different.

And is it just a tad hypocritical to criticize one person who has spent time driving around Mt. Pleasant saying they can't know an area but agree with another person who is a tourist and has driven around Mt. Pleasant.

I find it offensive that a few folks continually feel the need to insult those of us who live in Mt. Pleasant.

I just like to poke fun at Mt. P and agree 100% with Accufit's description. I also agree with the lady on the harbor cruise that said Mt. P is Stepford!
I , also lived in Mt. Pleansant for three years before I moved to the Southside, which I prefer!

OP: Hope you find your place you like here in the Charleston area, you know you can't know a place truly until you move there and live. I would rent for a period of time, and then buy. You would know the place then, and be able to make a straight decision.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Define Stepford.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,197 times
Quote:
Define Stepford.
1. Stepford
An upper-class town or suburb populated by materialistic people; the men are souless strivers and the women who are automatons.

The fictional town of Stepford, Connecticut actually is Darien, Connecticut, so-called by Ira Levin in his novel "The Stepford Wives" as it is near Stamford, Connecticut, thus: a "Step" from Stam-"ford." Darien is the home of many rich executives and professionals who commute to New York City.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I just like to poke fun at Mt. P
And if someone, anyone, from MtP were to poke fun at James Island or West Ashley it's people like you who would yell & scream from the rooftop about it. But we typically don't do such things and we let you live your life the way you want.

In all seriousness...it's nice to be poked fun at for living in a nice area.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
1. Stepford
An upper-class town or suburb populated by materialistic people; the men are souless strivers and the women who are automatons.

The fictional town of Stepford, Connecticut actually is Darien, Connecticut, so-called by Ira Levin in his novel "The Stepford Wives" as it is near Stamford, Connecticut, thus: a "Step" from Stam-"ford." Darien is the home of many rich executives and professionals who commute to New York City.
Thanks Robyn but I wanted to know what coastal's take on it was.

Very insulting and offensive.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Thanks Robyn but I wanted to know what coastal's take on it was.

Very insulting and offensive.

Kinda funny here.....

Calling out someone for their opinion and take on the area, "bashing" them for it (if you will) when their posts are giving their POV. Which they are certainly entitled to. They are not bashing anyone person, just their opinion of the area. Very few posts in this forum are personal, it makes no sense why people continually get up in arms and upset over someone's opinion, then bash another poster to give their opinion. It is a silly circle really.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 AM

870 posts, read 1,678,430 times
I wouldn't call MP stepford but nor would I refer to Newburyport as stepford either. Snee Farm is very pretty. Friends just closed on a house there last week, but yes, much is in need of renovation. Even after inspection and house closing they are finding problems that is mostly caused by age..and their budget wasn't set for that.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 AM

234 posts, read 382,387 times
I never understood the concept of bashing people for living in a nice area. I personally cannot wait to get on with my move to Mt P.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,560 times
I don't much get the regionalism either. It's okay to bash the wives that sit on their a** all day drinking wine, but I'm sure there's more per capita downtown or on DI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area