Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:01 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,048,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomarj View Post
There is also Grand Oaks and Hickory Hill. They are both really nice neighborhoods off Bees Ferry, with Hickory Hill being the older of the two.
Agreed. Grand Oaks is huge and definitely walkable to Walmart. Hickory Hill is smaller but still nice. Both are really convenient to Glenn McConnell Blvd, I-526, 61, and 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 04:08 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Grand Oaks Phase 2A/Proximity Dr. is working thru city approval process now that will add 45 more lots.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,287,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Grand Oaks Phase 2A/Proximity Dr. is working thru city approval process now that will add 45 more lots.
Is that the tract of land on Grand Oaks Blvd by the pond just before Ashley Gardens Dr?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Is that the tract of land on Grand Oaks Blvd by the pond just before Ashley Gardens Dr?
From the best I can see from Google maps, yes. It's not labeled but it appears to be so. There's alot of undeleveloped land in that area. Grand Oaks has alot of room to grow.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
From the best I can see from Google maps, yes. It's not labeled but it appears to be so. There's alot of undeleveloped land in that area. Grand Oaks has alot of room to grow.
I think so. Proximity Drive will begin at Bees Ferry Rd and end near the community center. They are building apartments near there that are pre-leasing now so should open soon.

Grand Oaks does have a lot of room to grow...

Old 06-09-2013, 04:19 PM

It will be interesting if the Long Savannah development gets resurerrected over the next couple years.....

Long Savannah, the largest development in West Ashley, goes dark – The Post and Courier

Old 06-09-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
It will be interesting if the Long Savannah development gets resurerrected over the next couple years.....

Long Savannah, the largest development in West Ashley, goes dark – The Post and Courier
I hope not! Where would be put all those cars? Glenn McConnell can't handle the cars for the morning commute as it is!!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I hope not! Where would be put all those cars? Glenn McConnell can't handle the cars for the morning commute as it is!!
Glenn McConnell... um, have you ever been on Bear Swamp Rd?? Yes, it's just what it sounds like. It's a 2 lane, country road by a swamp. It's on my running route, and it smells very swampy as well, super humid. I can't even imagine anyone wanting to have a development out there.

I read the article... somehow I can't see that happening out here, at least not for a long time. But this area is definitely going to grow. I think once Bees Ferry is widened next year, we'll see more come out here like grocery stores, shops, restaurants, etc. We could really use a gym out here too and a branch library- just things to make life easier than fighting Hwy 17.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
Glenn McConnell... um, have you ever been on Bear Swamp Rd?? Yes, it's just what it sounds like. It's a 2 lane, country road by a swamp. It's on my running route, and it smells very swampy as well, super humid. I can't even imagine anyone wanting to have a development out there.

I read the article... somehow I can't see that happening out here, at least not for a long time. But this area is definitely going to grow. I think once Bees Ferry is widened next year, we'll see more come out here like grocery stores, shops, restaurants, etc. We could really use a gym out here too and a branch library- just things to make life easier than fighting Hwy 17.
I think you're right about commercial developement happening on Bees Ferry once the widening project is completed. I wish that they would put a bunch of stores, restaurants, etc. in the West Ashley Circle complex...kind of like Azalea Place in Summerville.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I think you're right about commercial developement happening on Bees Ferry once the widening project is completed. I wish that they would put a bunch of stores, restaurants, etc. in the West Ashley Circle complex...kind of like Azalea Place in Summerville.
Yeah- it would be really nice! I'm grateful for what is out there already, but that Walmart is very... alone. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area