Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Here you can see what has been happening over the last few years with violent crime in N. Chas. I think it's worth noting that the number of homicides in N. Chas nearly tripled from 2011 to 2012. But, maybe 2011 just had fewer murders than normal:

City of North Charleston, South Carolina - A great place to live, work or play

Also look here for a breakdown of which neighborhoods in N. Chas had issues in the month of January of this year (the sheriff's dept might be able to provide you with February - May if you ask them).

http://www.northcharleston.org/cms/w...20jan%2013.pdf
Those are some good sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,112,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Thanks! I know about Park Circle and we like it there

OTC: Can you please be more specific as to what areas, streets, landmarks are part of those counties? Do you know a good website with a detailed map?
Windsor Hill
Wescott
White Hall
Park Circle
Kilnsea
Charleston Park
Taylor Plantation

... just to name a few.

If you have a question about any specific places please let me know.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
Windsor Hill
Wescott
White Hall
Park Circle
Kilnsea
Charleston Park
Taylor Plantation

... just to name a few.

If you have a question about any specific places please let me know.
Thanks!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 AM

482 posts, read 279,999 times
Default Park Circle

We have been living in Park Circle for almost five years. I feel very safe here and have no compunction about walking the dog at 11 or 12 at night. This was not our first choice for a neighborhood but the location has worked out very very well: Basically we can get anywhere we need to go within 15 to 20 minutes: 15 minutes to our workplaces (Opposite directions), 15 to MTP, west Ashley, downtown and I have made it to Costco in 11 minutes...and it's not much longer to beaches and open countryside.

Our block is very quiet. Most folk who visit can't believe how quiet it is. Our neighbors are friendly but keep their distance. I don't know any other area we could have purchased a single family home on a 1/4 acre for under $200k...and because the area took a big hit during the recession you can still find inexpensive homes here --- but, as with all of Charleston, it's a block by block thing.

There is a lot of new construction going on now and the little Main Street has come back to life. It's a relatively walkable neighborhood. We are three blocks off the circle so that is a boon for the dogs. The area is changing rapidly. Gosh when we moved here Tanger outlets didn't even show up on the GPS - now that area is busy all the time and I don't know who stays in them but there are tons of new hotels - but we are about 10 minutes from the airport so it's understandable.

Well I guess a made a long enough plug for Park Circle. Hope you find /found a place that's home for you.

All the best to you & yours
JGN

Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,164 times
beckycat, you might want to look at hanahan as well

Old 06-17-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
beckycat, you might want to look at hanahan as well
Yes, we did come across Hanahan. I heard it's remote though. Is that true? What shopping is around there? What else is there? I don't like to drive too far for daily needs. Please share what you know about it.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:10 AM

166 posts, read 189,981 times
I thought Hanahan was the bad part of North Charleston. North Charleston is interesting in that it is the top retail area of the Charleston metro yet it is generally considered least desirable part to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area