Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:35 AM

61 posts, read 92,597 times

Advertisements

Hi there! Just wanted to say hello. We're also building in Egret's Landing. We were shooting for August, but with all of the rain, it's delayed. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 AM

58 posts, read 86,150 times
My brother will be in egrets landing, sassy something?....I forget.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 18,904 times
Hey mrom1030,

Nice to hear from you! I hope you make it for August, I know there have been some delays because of all the rain. We are looking to move in around September, hopefully no later anyway!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Thanks! There's no way it'll be August, though. Still trying to pour the foundation I wish that the HOA would allow families who are awaiting construction to pay a fee and be able to use the pool. The beach is great, but it's never a "quick trip".

Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM

58 posts, read 86,150 times
This rain is really messing things up! Stop Rain!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM

234 posts, read 382,405 times
They're still waiting on the permits to be finalized with the pool @ Carolina Park. Supposedly 1-2 weeks for that to be accomplished. But you know how that goes..

Everything is coming along well, but as stated the crazy rain they've been having has been putting a damper on the building process. They were in full force when I was down there at the beginning of week. Can't wait to get in there.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Having moved into a couple of brand new homes.....nothing like it...and it is exciting.

Hoping the weather cooperates to get al your homes completed in a timely fashion.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
My experience with new builds (my last two homes) is that they are built in steps. Like you will see nothing being done for a week, then bang something happens. Do not be disappointed if you do not see workers there every single day.

There will also be a site/construction manager. Meet him. Make nice. Find out what beer he drinks, what cigarettes he smokes, etc. Make nice with him. Little gifts help. He will be the key especially with a punch list of things to be done once you have moved in.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
My experience with new builds (my last two homes) is that they are built in steps. Like you will see nothing being done for a week, then bang something happens. Do not be disappointed if you do not see workers there every single day.

There will also be a site/construction manager. Meet him. Make nice. Find out what beer he drinks, what cigarettes he smokes, etc. Make nice with him. Little gifts help. He will be the key especially with a punch list of things to be done once you have moved in.

Hope this helps.

It's amazing how excited one can get about property line markers! After weeks of passing by and just seeing the mudpit clearing, I think I actually took pictures of the sticks of wood with orange paint on top. Lol. As of right now, I am ALL OVER the little gift idea!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,493 times
gifts? ha yeah right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area