Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:49 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,164 times

Advertisements

Boars head is really good ...didn't know it was a northeastern thing. It is gluten free and you can get it at HT and Publix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
Boars head is really good ...didn't know it was a northeastern thing. It is gluten free and you can get it at HT and Publix.
It's very popular in the Midwest as well

Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
It's very popular in the southeast as well. When we moved to the ATL area 16 years ago I was informed it was the only kind of cold cuts to get....so 16 years later that is what it has been -- and we have gotten it at Publix, Harris Teeter, Kroeger, Piggly Wiggly.......

Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
My home state is Mass, it is where my friends, family and support network is. I have many reasons why I would never move back: Snow; cold and cost of living.

DC never felt like home either. It was just a stopping point for me to build my career.

So I totally understand.

I'm from Mass too and considering moving to Charleston. I graduate from college this December but I'm concerned moving to Charleston this early in my career will hurt my career. I either want to go into Public Accounting or Banking. I hate the snow and cold also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've lived in the southeast for 16 years, we moved from Toronto Canada area (suburbs). We go back every year. I love Toronto -- but I hate winters and love the ocean.

Life is what I make it. If I want to love it here I will. Plain and simple that's it for me.

Not happy here -- you don't want to be here -- time to move on and find your happiness.
I really agree with this outlook on things

Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,591,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm from Mass too and considering moving to Charleston. I graduate from college this December but I'm concerned moving to Charleston this early in my career will hurt my career.
Why would it hurt your career?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM

769 posts, read 976,609 times
Quote:
I'm from Mass too and considering moving to Charleston. I graduate from college this December but I'm concerned moving to Charleston this early in my career will hurt my career. I either want to go into Public Accounting or Banking. I hate the snow and cold also.

Boston may stink weather wise but it is a good starting point for the type of career you want to do.

Boars head I can find here...It is the one that is Gluten free and SO yummy.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 PM

332 posts, read 397,909 times
They had boars head deli meats at the Wild Dunes store during our vacation. Seriously, that was a big deal when I was kid growing up in New York but here in Seattle every common supermarket has Boars Head, its pretty common all over the country. Now Katz's Deli level of cold cuts, that's a whole different ball game.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 07-11-2013 at 12:10 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 AM

332 posts, read 397,909 times
Quote:

I think you are correct in worrying about this. I wouldn't move there if I was interested in building a Finance career. I would go to a large city that is a financial center and where you have more opportunities in your field... make serious money over time and stock it away... and simultaneously establish a resume. Then think about moving somewhere smaller and cheaper so you get paid more because of your experience and hopefully work less to make more. Then you can enjoy yourself more.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Check out Charlotte -- it's a banking mecca.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTTERNJ View Post
I've been following this thread and after reading your post I had to jump in and say that I couldn't agree with you more. I'm moving my family down in 2 weeks from Jersey and can't wait to get away from the mess....the boars head sandwich won't be easy but we will survive. If you don't like living there then move. I'm sure everyone that has moved to a new state had doubts after moving and if those doubts don't go away then you make changes. It's almost like the OP is seeking approval to move back or looking for someone to convince him/her to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Publix serves Boars Head Meats in their sandwiches, just go to the deli counter they will make one fresh for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area