Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times

Advertisements

My family and I did. Not my type of music, being a 70/80's hair band etc music. But, my 13 year definitely loved it and it was her first concert. With the exception of one issue, for which security fixed and hooked us up, it was a definite good time. Not many bands can recreate their voices and sound on stage as well as the radio, and they did pretty darn well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 05:39 AM

870 posts, read 1,678,160 times
It was a good concert and I agree with your comment about recreating his voice..excellent job. Wish they came on earlier! My 13 year old LOVED it as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:15 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,181,268 times
We had too much going on last night but my entire family would have loved to have gone. It gets more difficult to find bands that appeal to all family members. My 10 and 11 year olds would have especially loved it. Nice to hear it was a good time.

What are some other music venues that are appropriate for families? Do you know of any? We'd like to go see more live music without it being a big drunk fest.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
We had too much going on last night but my entire family would have loved to have gone. It gets more difficult to find bands that appeal to all family members. My 10 and 11 year olds would have especially loved it. Nice to hear it was a good time.

What are some other music venues that are appropriate for families? Do you know of any? We'd like to go see more live music without it being a big drunk fest.
Actually, I'm not so quite sure it was a "family" event. I cringed many many times last night thinking my daughter was observing and hearing things I didn't want so "in her face."

The band FUN are very big into Gay Rights, which is great however, it attracted many followers that couldn't control their PDA. In my personal opinion, I don't sit and make out with my spouse in public so I don't appreciate it from others. I saw things going on in the bathroom and seats that I really hope my child didn't see. As well as many times the lead singer said the "F" word time and again.

As much as I thought it would be a great family concert...in hindsight, it was not.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,427,778 times
There are many family events like the Summer Reggae Series at the Charleston County Parks for families.
I did not know anything about the band Fun, but after reading they are big into gay rights, I would never go to see them or bring my family to see them!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:13 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klysik View Post
Actually, I'm not so quite sure it was a "family" event. I cringed many many times last night thinking my daughter was observing and hearing things I didn't want so "in her face."

The band FUN are very big into Gay Rights, which is great however, it attracted many followers that couldn't control their PDA. In my personal opinion, I don't sit and make out with my spouse in public so I don't appreciate it from others. I saw things going on in the bathroom and seats that I really hope my child didn't see. As well as many times the lead singer said the "F" word time and again.

As much as I thought it would be a great family concert...in hindsight, it was not.
The Gay rights issue is why it was hard to purchase shirts etc for my 13 year old. Went by myself to get them

Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,181,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klysik View Post

I'm big into gay rights and marriage equality but I think in public for any couple to be more than hand holding and small gestures of affection is inappropriate. Swearing doesn't bother me, though. Maybe it was a good thing we didn't go.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:17 AM

259 posts, read 453,989 times
Why so,Coastalbum and Steve are you two afraid of catching *gay from us?

Sad. Marriage equality will come to SC eventually and guess what? The state wil not collapse and
you will not have to marry a man.

Cannot lock your kids in the basement forever. They wil have gay neighbors,bosses,coworkers and
you teach them to consider us unequal and wrong.

Save your judgment for yourselves not fellow south carolinians like myself that you do not even know.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:35 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Driftaway,

Our state will not eventually stop Defending Traditional Marriage - 77% of the state voted a few years ago for our amendment to ban gay marriage in our state. The majority of us are still against gay marriage here in SC as well as 38 other states in the U.S.

Leave Steve alone, after all it was Adam & Eve, and not Adam & Steve! haa! I could not resist that.

To keep it on Topic, I am glad you people on Daniel Island had a nice time at the concert, and am sorry if people there were rude or bad examples for your children.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftaway123 View Post
Why so,Coastalbum and Steve are you two afraid of catching *gay from us?

Sad. Marriage equality will come to SC eventually and guess what? The state wil not collapse and
you will not have to marry a man.

Cannot lock your kids in the basement forever. They wil have gay neighbors,bosses,coworkers and
you teach them to consider us unequal and wrong.

Save your judgment for yourselves not fellow south carolinians like myself that you do
not even know.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. To oppose or to defend. IMHO, everyone is equal. I don't care who you love or want to be with. We have an adopted daughter and it blows my mind how many friends questioned why we would adopt international vs. domestic. Isn't a child a child? Same about people. However, for ANY persons displaying private physical "affections" in front of my children, I don't tolerate..no matter what sex you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area