U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,516,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Seriously....this is against TOS

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
only if you go out on a crusade against a certain business. There is a thin line between a personal review and a consumer complaint and I don't think anyone here crossed it yet.
Yac.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:04 PM

9 posts, read 9,003 times
Grimaldis in Mt P and Three Little Birds behind Earth Fare.

Not a fan of either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM

3,131 posts, read 3,115,719 times
Hate to sat it but the last two times we were at Boone Hall the service was horrible and the food was either over cooked and/or cold.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,691,873 times
I hesitate to put it in "Worst of" anything, but the Charleston Cafe just fails to impress me every time we go. About the only thing I've had there that is memorable in any way is the sweet potato biscuits. Didn't this place used to be great when it was downtown?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:01 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,388,117 times
Seppy's Hotdogs

Not the worst, but average-at-best food that you could get at Food Lion and they tried to hock me their branded garb before I even ordered.

I'm not really sure how these ho-hum hotdog stands even exist.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM

183 posts, read 303,770 times
Joe Pasta

Old 10-22-2013, 10:30 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,367,093 times
mustard seed... eh

Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,775,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Wow, I've heard the opposite!

Speaking of opposites, some will disagree, but I thought Rita's on Folly was terribly disappointing.

The pizza at Steel City was awful. It tasted like they got a Little Caesar's pizza and put it in their box.

Great thread idea. Should bring up some great discussion.
While I've never been to the SCP in Mt. Pleasant, I DO visit and eat at SCP in North Charleston often and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Not only is the pizza great there, but if you aren't satisfied all you have to do is contact a manager and they will fix any issue you have without hesitation.

On subject ... worst restaurant I've visited in recent memory was the Pan Super Buffet up near the intersection of Dorchester and Ladson Road.

Horrific atmosphere. Dirty EVERYTHING and roaches on our table and booth.

Avoid at all costs!

Old 10-22-2013, 01:04 PM

4,015 posts, read 5,048,984 times
While not the worst food, I was really disappointed in the Boat House at Breach Inlet for having Tilapia on their menu.

Seriously, Tilapia is something they serve as the 'fresh catch' at the Old Country Buffett in Greenwood, IN, not at a place that has the bounty of the ocean literally at your doorstep. Tilapia is essentially farm raised catfish without the whiskers. It's not fresh, it's not local, it's not wild caught, but it is CHEAP which is why this chef put it on their menu. Just trying to fool a couple of country bumpkin tourists I suppose.

I was so disappointed to see Tilapia on their menu that it ruined my dining experience.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:31 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,388,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
While I've never been to the SCP in Mt. Pleasant, I DO visit and eat at SCP in North Charleston often and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Not only is the pizza great there, but if you aren't satisfied all you have to do is contact a manager and they will fix any issue you have without hesitation.
Hmm. That's good to know. I'll have to try it up there soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
While not the worst food, I was really disappointed in the Boat House at Breach Inlet for having Tilapia on their menu.

Seriously, Tilapia is something they serve as the 'fresh catch' at the Old Country Buffett in Greenwood, IN, not at a place that has the bounty of the ocean literally at your doorstep. Tilapia is essentially farm raised catfish without the whiskers. It's not fresh, it's not local, it's not wild caught, but it is CHEAP which is why this chef put it on their menu. Just trying to fool a couple of country bumpkin tourists I suppose.

I was so disappointed to see Tilapia on their menu that it ruined my dining experience.
I know of a few people that actually prefer Tilapia...I'm not one of them. If I was going for the flaky type, Halibut or Haddock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or