Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 12:45 AM

9 posts, read 39,169 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to Charleston SC, I was wondering how the singles scene was like there?
I have lived in Savannah, and it seemed kind of small town, hard to meet people and make friends unless you grew up in that area.

I know from reading here, that Charleston has a reputation of having more single women then men, but that appears to be because of the college, and single women in their early 20's. i was wondering what it was like for a little bit older group. 30s, 40s, 50s etc. I am in my early 40's.

Savannah, was a great place for family and for people who loved fishing and boating, but for single people it was tough to find places to go to meet people IMO. But Charleston is bigger, and the outlying areas are also more densely populated, i.e. north charleston.

Any can share their eperience/thoughts on this?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 06:23 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
You can always check out match.com. That's how I met my husband back in 2007

Old 10-20-2013, 01:44 PM

You know i did a search on plenty of fish, another dating website, and on their website which claims to be the largest, there are 100's more single men then single women in Charleston for every age from 35 to 50. Which adds up to a couple thousand more single men. A little bit surprising, based on what i have read here.

Last edited by carlos.danger; 10-20-2013 at 02:31 PM..

Old 10-20-2013, 05:44 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
I hear the best sites to look for people who actually WANT a relationship are eharmony and match. Back in 2007, I was pretty young so I went with match (they seem geared to younger folks) but I hear wonderful things about eharmony (I'd probably choose them now over match).

Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 PM

eharmony does not have enough members unless you live in a large city. they also require you to answer about 200 questions that are not going to make any difference if there is no attraction to begin with.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 AM

119 posts, read 205,170 times
I'm married so I don't know anything about on-line dating sites but from my personal experience and observations, I have found Charleston and the surrounding areas to be extremely friendly and easy to strike up a conversation with just about anyone. My husband and I have date night a couple times a month and will say there's lots of fun places to go out, even if you're alone to meet new people. Strangers constantly strike up conversations with me when I'm sitting at the bar with my husband next to me. Generally there's more going on during the summers but downtown Charleston on a Saturday night is usually a great social scene, depending on the type of crowed you like to interact with, plus many places have local bands playing. I've heard the same about single women outnumbering the single men in Charleston and think it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area