Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

um even in big cities they say 'Town Hall' to mean the main municipal building. It's not suppose to indicate the size of the community.

Oh okay -- I'm voting female -- JUST KIDDING!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:14 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,350,387 times
Moultrie News had a good section on the canidates today. I think you can find it online HERE.

I'll admit, I agree that Santos appears to be a very capable I liked his section a lot. But I'm still scratching my head over Linda. Looking at her section in the paper it again seems like she's lost. There's simply no substance to her answers.

I haven't heard from Ken yet, but his section in the paper filled out some of the things I wanted to know. But I do sense some narcissism in his writing so it doesn't surprise me that's how he was in person.

How many seats are available for town council?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
So now that Page won, will Mount Pleasant be kept like that sloppy eyesore of an antique place on Sawyer? Hopefully one thing that will come from this is a bulldozing of that property and a hotel raised in its place.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:15 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,956,375 times
That place won't be bulldozed. It's a shrine to the new mayor.

Have you noticed that the name has changed from Page's Thieves Market to "Linda" Page's Thieves Maker?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,248 times
Aw, someone's feelings got hurt.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:41 AM

Swails wont be missed. Cop hating hypocrite.

Glasson spent the whole campaign trying to remind everyone how big of a deal he thinks he is.

Bustos is just a bitter old guy and needs to give politics up.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Swails wont be missed. Cop hating hypocrite.

Glasson spent the whole campaign trying to remind everyone how big of a deal he thinks he is.

Bustos is just a bitter old guy and needs to give politics up.
So instead we vote for the owner of a dump? Owners of places like that should be run out of town, not voted into office.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
So instead we vote for the owner of a dump? Owners of places like that should be run out of town, not voted into office.
That "dump" is awfully popular on weekends. People like it. Shes in the business of giving people what they want, right?

The Okra Grill isn't a dump. In fact, its one of the busiest restaurants on Coleman, and it's delicious.

The town has an ordinance against dumps. Its the clean lot ordinance. Remember when they arrested the poor woman on Whipple Road for having a messy yard?

So, if Pagie's lot is a dump that isn't lawful, they can cite her. If she is in compliance, and people like it, then whats the problem? You DO support the free market, right?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,350,387 times
My only issue with Linda was she showed no grasp of issues. Other candidates had detailed explanations of what their goals were and things they would like to change. Linda just came off like a deer caught in the headlights for the most part. But I guess we'll see what will happen. Luckily, in this case, most of the power lies in the Council anyway. I feel she won based on popularity rather than substance.. but a wins a win.

I did vote for Wrenn over Smith for Council. Would have been nice to have someone with young kids having a seat. All the other winners I supported.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
My only issue with Linda was she showed no grasp of issues. Other candidates had detailed explanations of what their goals were and things they would like to change. Linda just came off like a deer caught in the headlights for the most part. But I guess we'll see what will happen. Luckily, in this case, most of the power lies in the Council anyway. I feel she won based on popularity rather than substance.. but a wins a win.

I did vote for Wrenn over Smith for Council. Would have been nice to have someone with young kids having a seat. All the other winners I supported.
I like that about her. Glasson and Bustos come across as so deeply ideological. Bustos, like Swails, is well known to have a deep disdain for the Town of Mount Pleasant's employees, particularly the police dept and fire dept. He did NOT belong in power. Glasson is a newcomer to town. He seemed ok, but he came across as SO self-centered and convinced of his own greatness. Just a bit too "I'm kinda a big deal" mentality. Just kinda reeked of being untrustworthy.

I personally would've liked Santos for mayor, but he didn't run. Paige was the best choice out of that group. And God knows any of them would have been a better choice than "Bully" Swails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area