U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 04:37 PM

22,784 posts, read 12,178,150 times

Advertisements

I love shopping in Atlanta and have never had problems with sales clerks.....but I only lived there 13 years maybe I got lucky

And wouldn't any decent mall be packed on week ends from now until after Christmas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 04:38 PM

You know Nordstrom has free shipping for all orders and free returns. They have pretty good selection for online shopping.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,805,784 times
Amazon.com

Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,004,876 times
Tanger and Town Center have everything a person would need to buy. If you gotta drive 3 hours to buy it, probably don't really need it haha!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 PM

341 posts, read 657,860 times
If you like shopping, going to the store is much more fun. Lenox Square is packed during any weekend, not just Christmas. When talking about shopping in general some people specifically mention Lenox Square as being the home of their worst customer service stories. It's pretty unbelievable sometimes. Of course, there will always be a gem out there and those are the people that really sell a lot.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 PM

29,719 posts, read 27,143,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
If you like shopping, going to the store is much more fun. Lenox Square is packed during any weekend, not just Christmas. When talking about shopping in general some people specifically mention Lenox Square as being the home of their worst customer service stories. It's pretty unbelievable sometimes. Of course, there will always be a gem out there and those are the people that really sell a lot.
That's interesting. I live here in Atlanta and frequent Lenox at times, and used to live in Charlotte and frequented SouthPark. I have never recalled receiving subpar customer service at Lenox at all and have enjoyed my shopping experiences at both malls for the most part. But maybe you're talking about the really high-end stores like Neiman Marcus which I really don't patronize.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 PM

341 posts, read 657,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That's interesting. I live here in Atlanta and frequent Lenox at times, and used to live in Charlotte and frequented SouthPark. I have never recalled receiving subpar customer service at Lenox at all and have enjoyed my shopping experiences at both malls for the most part. But maybe you're talking about the really high-end stores like Neiman Marcus which I really don't patronize.
Yes, Neiman Marcus. LV and Burberry are worse. Not everything is awful though, but nothing memorable. Stores at Phipps are a little better, but Simon is just awful. They could have tried to get Topshop instead of Nike. Rumour has it that Topshop is considering an Atlanta location, and Lenox just missed out as they have no space left. And Legoland, really? Also, while the SA's at Belk at Phipps are nice, the products offered are hardly better than a mid sized city. I haven't been to Macy's in a while, but I've heard that while they aren't snotty there, most of them really don't care.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Well as I said, I lived in the ATL area as well and never had any problem with any SA's at Lennox, Phipps, Perimeter......I don't really want them to do much though -- just ring up my sale and be done with it. I'm really low maintenance.
You do know that Simon owns the Charlotte one too.

As for Topshop vs. Nike --I don't think it was one or the other. Topshop has only four USA locations -- NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas and LA. I think Topshop was testing the Atlanta market when they opened their boutique in Nordstrom at Phipps and just started scouting for an ATlanta location this last spring...and Lenox/Phipps is still in the running -- but Atlantic Station may also be a consideration. Atlantic Station would actually be a cool fit. Lots of space there. And for those traveling to ATlanta to shop --- not too far from Lenox to Atlantic Station.

And as for Amazon vs. Nordstrom -- you can't compare the two and you just show us how much you DO NOT know about shopping?

And as for the outlets --- there is stuff there and you can find it if you really look but it is not the same as a department store and it isn't always such a great deal.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:16 AM

And all of this shopping banter is just for fun. You'd be fine in Charlotte - and I was thinking hmmm maybe I would do the drive. But it is a very long way to go just to shop.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:47 AM

3,819 posts, read 8,888,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And all of this shopping banter is just for fun. You'd be fine in Charlotte - and I was thinking hmmm maybe I would do the drive. But it is a very long way to go just to shop.
we make routine runs either up to Charlotte (prefer Concord Mills as i'm hooked on Bass Pro lol) or hit the Tanger down in Charleston but both are less then 2 hrs from here so no biggie. That's about as far as we'd go for a shopping day trip, much longer and may as well make a night of it.
We did that back home, drove 4.5 hrs from Madison up to the twin cities for the Mall of America but again included an overnight stay, some dinner options we didnt have in Madison, then more shopping the next day before the drive back home. But a 3-4 story mall sort of needs more then 1 day lol.

Now if we lived in Charleston i wouldnt say no to a drive to Atl, but would just make it worth the trip and incorporate other things as well as the shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area