U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,386,382 times

Advertisements

That makes a bit more sense: Malls can be "filler".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM

22,693 posts, read 12,147,174 times
Yeah - you aren't a shopper. A really great mall has all that usual stuff but has all the great stores in one place. They have some you love to look in but can't always buy from....the ones you love to browse through and often find a trinket or two and then there are the ones you know will have what you arae looking for.

I'll pick Lenox in Atlanta because I would always make sure to spend a day there when we lived there. I would start at the Crate & Barrell and peruse for some stocking stuffers and perhaps some fun stuff to use when entertaining. I then would wander over to the Anthrapologie store -- again stocking stuff, fun household decor and unusual clothing.....into Macys for the usual socks, ties, and perhaps pajama pants for the Dad. Stop at the Lush Boutique in Macys for fun bath stuff. Head to the J. Crew -- much bigger and better than the Crew on King Street...then to Ralph Lauren....Club Monaco, oh look Burberry - just lookin'.....Sephora, See's Candies...oh I'm on a role.......Kate Spade is calling my name. All in one spot.

You have to enjoy shopping......

Old 11-25-2013, 06:46 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,386,382 times
Well yes, but as a shopper, wouldn't you rather go into boutiques and individualistic stores? I may be way off but I'm just curious.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:58 PM

3,256 posts, read 4,365,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah - you aren't a shopper. A really great mall has all that usual stuff but has all the great stores in one place. They have some you love to look in but can't always buy from....the ones you love to browse through and often find a trinket or two and then there are the ones you know will have what you arae looking for.

I'll pick Lenox in Atlanta because I would always make sure to spend a day there when we lived there. I would start at the Crate & Barrell and peruse for some stocking stuffers and perhaps some fun stuff to use when entertaining. I then would wander over to the Anthrapologie store -- again stocking stuff, fun household decor and unusual clothing.....into Macys for the usual socks, ties, and perhaps pajama pants for the Dad. Stop at the Lush Boutique in Macys for fun bath stuff. Head to the J. Crew -- much bigger and better than the Crew on King Street...then to Ralph Lauren....Club Monaco, oh look Burberry - just lookin'.....Sephora, See's Candies...oh I'm on a role.......Kate Spade is calling my name. All in one spot.

You have to enjoy shopping......
Exactly

Old 11-25-2013, 08:54 PM

22,693 posts, read 12,147,174 times
I want both -- I want the convenience of a good mall and the eperience of heading downtown and walking around. I lived in Toronto -- I could hang out at a mall all day or hit any part of town for a great, unique shopping experience.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 AM

When did the macy's in Myrtle Beach close? I feel like crying!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:33 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,055,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
When did the macy's in Myrtle Beach close? I feel like crying!!!!!!!!!!
Its still in Greenville if you want to make the drive lol. Just went the other weekend and was in shoppers Heaven.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Its still in Greenville if you want to make the drive lol. Just went the other weekend and was in shoppers Heaven.
Well I guess I am remembering a different mall - my dh says it was Dillard's we went to up at Coastal Grand and not Macy's! Still sad

Old 04-23-2014, 08:11 AM

469 posts, read 745,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I always think that I may find something in the malls but once going in I absolutely regret my decision haha. Like I said, the clothing selection lacks so much. I only go in the malls to check out Express. I wish Dillard's was better. Other than that, I'm in that weird age group (24) where it's like I'm in between clothing store types. I can't order online as I need to try stuff on.

Let's just say I'm starting to love the shopping complexes in MP and Tanger for this reason.

My son is 24 and I think his "Go-To" place is Eddie Bauer in Tanger. They have polos in tall sizes and he needs that - he's only 6'2", but it's all torso. His work has a casual dress code and the first time I saw him walk in his door straight from work wear nice shorts, a polo, and chacos - I raised an eyebrow. He told me, I dress better than my boss - he wears jean shorts and t-shirts.

and not to make you all jealous, but we have 3 Macy's where I live. I don't go to any of them. Maybe it's because I have a huge selection of stores where I live, but I'm not that all impressed. It's probably mostly because I don't really care where I shop though. I think that all of you would be in hog heaven at Southpark Mall in Charlotte and it's only a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive depending on traffic. The flagship store there is actually Belk - 4 levels. But there is Belk, Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Dillards as the anchors. Sears used to be there, but got run out years ago. And there is a new outlet mall that is supposed to open in a few months - more of like a Tangers, but I think with a different owner.

Last edited by Go To Girl; 04-23-2014 at 08:21 AM..

Old 04-23-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go To Girl View Post
My son is 24 and I think his "Go-To" place is Eddie Bauer in Tanger. They have polos in tall sizes and he needs that - he's only 6'2", but it's all torso. His work has a casual dress code and the first time I saw him walk in his door straight from work wear nice shorts, a polo, and chacos - I raised an eyebrow. He told me, I dress better than my boss - he wears jean shorts and t-shirts.

and not to make you all jealous, but we have 3 Macy's where I live. I don't go to any of them. Maybe it's because I have a huge selection of stores where I live, but I'm not that all impressed. It's probably mostly because I don't really care where I shop though. I think that all of you would be in hog heaven at Southpark Mall in Charlotte and it's only a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive depending on traffic. The flagship store there is actually Belk - 4 levels. But there is Belk, Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Dillards as the anchors. Sears used to be there, but got run out years ago. And there is a new outlet mall that is supposed to open in a few months - more of like a Tangers, but I think with a different owner.
Southpark sounds like a normal mall. I'm sure I would love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area