U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,266 times

Advertisements

Here drinking a cup of joe browsing the web , hoping to find holiday event's, wow just found this site. Wife , I and three children relocated here in October for a job transfer. Not wanting this transfer but hay thats life.This is my favorite time of the
year. We reside in Summerville on the NC line. We are looking too drive and view Christmas lights, decorations on houses and feel the Christmass season also any nice family events. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. So much info on here just placed this site in my favorites

Last edited by DREARY TOO SUN; 12-07-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 06:54 PM

9 posts, read 9,341 times
If you haven't already heard… there's the 'famous' light show on James Island that is a must-see if you like Christmas decorations and light shows. Not expensive and happens at the James Island County Park.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Thank you, we will go, I will look up the dates and times.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM

1,195 posts, read 2,997,825 times
wescott area? it's worth the drive to go to the Charleston County park on James Island and drive through the lights, then park and walk the other areas they have set up... we go every year, I'm in SVille too... on the DorchCo side further up

word of mouth will take you to a lot of neighborhoods that are set up really nice for Christmas... Hanahan used to have several famous areas people drove through for many years, a lot of that has changed since I used to drive it so I'm not sure where most are now but I do hear there are many others now...

and welcome here!

Old 12-07-2013, 09:44 PM

324 posts, read 686,190 times
Summerville is having it's Christmas parade tomorrow at 2pm.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 AM

661 posts, read 1,200,407 times
Welcome to the area! You should also take a ride through downtown Charleston and drop in the Francis Marion Hotel.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:52 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,665,989 times
Welcome to the area . The James Island County Park lights are definitely worth going to. It's $15 per car but you can drive through multiple times. Also there are parking lots where you can get out, see Santa, buy stuff, roast marshmallows, ride a carousel, etc. Of course a lot of that costs, but there's a lot when you get out that's still included- like sand sculptures, crafts that community members have made, etc... it's definitely a fun trip!

Old 12-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Thanks to everyone I missed the Christmas parade. But James island it is. Wondering is the carousel and Santa available after dark?

Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM

2,009 posts, read 2,083,073 times
I would assume so what's the point in going to lights in the day?

Old 12-09-2013, 10:23 AM

1,916 posts, read 2,448,340 times
James Island County Park Festival of Lights opens at 5:30 pm.
If you plan on getting near there at 7:00pm on a Saturday, you'll be backed up for a good mile to get in.
Go early or be prepared to wait, wait, & wait in line in your car. Worth it, though!

Also, consider getting an annual county park pass. It will allow you to park for free in all Charleston county parks (beach too) & you can recoup your outlay in the coupons that come with the pass.

The Festival of Lights entry coupon is worth $15. Others cut the cost by $2-$4 per person (for up to 4 people) on one entry to each of the county waterparks. There's a free bike rental, kayak discounts, etc. Do check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area