Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,257,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
This was by far the best sub shop in Charleston!!
I also am sad, as I drive by I never had such a good Chicken Philly in my life (I am not from the north).
Lenny's was awesome, hope somebody re-opens one here again!

Firehouse is my second favorite, but nothing is like Lenny's!

A new place opened up by there... Olympik I think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 04:06 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,102,188 times
Back in the day, Sub Station II had the best subs in town. Several locations too. But after the owner died and the family sold off each store, they all really went down hill. Not sure if any are still open. But they were the best back in the day. There are other locations throughout the Southeast. But it's hit or miss with them.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,039,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
A new place opened up by there... Olympik I think?
Olympik has been in West Ashley. It was previously located just down the road but moved to that same little shopping/restaurant center last year. It's Greek food... not subs... but it is delish!

I miss Lenny's so much. Those were the best subs ever for the money. $5 Philly Cheese steaks most evenings and on Sunday. My husband loved em, and I loved the black bean burger sandwich .

The worst part about losing Lenny's was that I found out on my birthday. They sent you an email with a coupon for a free sub during your birthday month. I drove by and realized it was closed. No birthday sub from Lenny's for me.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:50 PM

370 posts, read 943,756 times
I like Jersey Mikes, but boy, their portion sizes really irk me. They barely put any meat in the subs anymore.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:07 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,085,838 times
I think there's one SSII on Dorchester Rd. Them & Larry's (and Publix to an extent) make the best subs in the area. Subs..not hoagies, heroes, grinders or any of that other nonsense.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:10 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,039,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
I think there's one SSII on Dorchester Rd. Them & Larry's (and Publix to an extent) make the best subs in the area. Subs..not hoagies, heroes, grinders or any of that other nonsense.
There's a Sub Station II in West Ashley. Corner of Orleans and Sam Ritt, right by Best Buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area