Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM

882 posts, read 1,463,164 times

Advertisements

Went to Scratch last night ... food was good but at this rate the place isn't going to last long, we were there for two hours tween six and eight and there was two of us and six other people the whole time. That said it was a Monday and the weather was crap.

Went to Poe's Tavern for lunch today and gobbled down an Amontillado burger at the bar ... as always it was awesome!

Going to Red Drum tonight for drinks and a bite with friends ... never been there before so I dunno what to expect.

I don't normally eat out so much so I think raw diet for a week afterwards to cleanse and lose the 5 pounds I will have gained over the last 24hrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Went to Scratch last night ... food was good but at this rate the place isn't going to last long, we were there for two hours tween six and eight and there was two of us and six other people the whole time.

Went to Poe's Tavern for lunch today and gobbled down an Amontillado burger at the bar ... as always it was awesome!

Going to Red Drum tonight for drinks and a bite with friends ... never been there before so I dunno what to expect.

I don't normally eat out so much so I think raw diet for a week afterwards to cleanse and lose the 5 pounds I will have gained over the last 24hrs.

Red Drum is gooooood

Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
The food was good at Red Drum when we went.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 PM

326 posts, read 498,311 times
Rue Jean. I only get one thing there: Mussels. I always leave happy.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:27 PM

Red Drum was awesome!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,957,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Red Drum was awesome!

It is "said" to be the best restaurant in MtP.

I dunno...never been.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 PM

We never made it to the dining room ... three pints of beer and three shots of Bookers each, we just sat at the bar and ordered random plates to share. But the combination of great anergy, delicious food, and yummy drinks, made for a perfect evening.

Beware tho, valet parking has made it to MP ... next thing you know we've got more clubs and raves than South Beach.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:26 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,560 times
I tried West Farm Cafe and Market for lunch today and it was good. It's one of those places where I'd like to try everything on the menu eventually. Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,493 times
Went to Ladle's Soups yesterday in Citadel Mall. Good stuff. They are also opening the coffee shop there, I think today is the first day for it. I didn't stop by, it's in the old Wholly Cow.

Last weekend, we went to Zen Asian Fusion. Always one of our favorites .

Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,957,724 times
Just back from The Granary.

Easily went into my MtP Top 5 list.

We overindulged, but I have to say there was nothing...absolutely nothing...I didn't like. Every single item on every single plate.

Anyone who knows me will say it's very unusual for me to say anything like this.

The two of us had the Charcuterie, the Veal Bone Marrow, a bowl of Brussels sprouts, and small plates of pork belly & duck.

The mortadella on the Charcuterie board was no doubt the best I've ever had anywhere. The bone marrow...well it's bone marrow...one of God's gifts. The Brussels were fabulously fried, slightly sweet, & utterly delicious. The pork belly was as suculent as belly should be & the stone ground grits were perfectly prepared. The duck had been confit'd, mixed with Carolina Gold rice, and fried in a patty. Served over crowder peas and greens it was a great dish.

The only ding I would give it is that the portions are a touch small.

The taste of every single element was spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area