Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 01:33 PM

372 posts, read 808,531 times

Advertisements

Went to Jim-n-Nicks in North Charleston. Food was real good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 03:07 PM

859 posts, read 1,361,581 times
Had lunch at Bistro Toulouse today, in the Sea Island Shopping Center. Absolutely wonderful lunch, really hoping this little French bistro makes a go of it here! We shared a small cheese platter, hubby had the quiche of the day which was duck confit, goat cheese and red pepper, with the most heavenly crust I've ever had! I had the mussels mouliniere, with the most perfect broth and the best mussels I've ever had! Comes with a side of frites which were just perfect also.

Bistro Toulouse

Old 01-25-2015, 10:17 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caili View Post
Had lunch at Bistro Toulouse today, in the Sea Island Shopping Center. Absolutely wonderful lunch, really hoping this little French bistro makes a go of it here! We shared a small cheese platter, hubby had the quiche of the day which was duck confit, goat cheese and red pepper, with the most heavenly crust I've ever had! I had the mussels mouliniere, with the most perfect broth and the best mussels I've ever had! Comes with a side of frites which were just perfect also.

Bistro Toulouse
Wondering that place is owned by the same people that owned the Mexican place that was there previously. I never went but the guys at Baronis didn't have much nice to say about them.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:59 AM

859 posts, read 1,361,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Wondering that place is owned by the same people that owned the Mexican place that was there previously. I never went but the guys at Baronis didn't have much nice to say about them.
I don't think so - they told us they moved here from Washington DC a year ago to open the restaurant.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:39 PM

882 posts, read 1,462,861 times
My brief review of Baroni's Pizza in MP.

The pros:

This is the closest thing I have come to having true NYC style pizza in in the Charleston area. If you like this kind of Pizza you will not be disappointed.

The cons:

It took them an hour and fifteen minutes to deliver on an uneventful mid-winter tuesday night, and I live five to seven minutes away from the store. By the time it got to me it was lukewarm. There's little point in delivery pizza if I have to fire up the oven to reheat it by the time it gets to me.

Verdict:

Authentic NY style pizza, but if you want to enjoy it to its fullest do yourself a favor and bypass the delivery option and go pick it up yourself, or eat it there.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:11 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,612 times
We went to Cowboys Brazilian Steakhouse and it was surprisingly good! The meats were delicious and the service was good. The meat guys came around a lot and we left stuff. The salad bar was just ok.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:25 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
We went out to Folly Beach and ate at Rita's . The vegetarian nachos are awesome! Good food, great staff!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:43 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,612 times
We went to Santi's. Overpriced, ok food. Won't be back

Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 AM

Everyone was out last night.

We went to Gigi's Brasserie ... pretty good actually, everything except one dish was very good. Not a place we're rushing back to, but not a place to avoid either. A little understaffed on a Sunday night and our waiter was doing double duty as a bartender, which is unfortunate because the place was busy and he was struggling.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:19 PM

Went to SOL in MP earlier tonight ...

Despite the so(u)l crushing sadness of the bar patrons the food was as always very good.

I wish they had a few mezcals on the drinks menu but we got by.

It was fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area