U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,241,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
Just back from The Granary.

Easily went into my MtP Top 5 list.

We overindulged, but I have to say there was nothing...absolutely nothing...I didn't like. Every single item on every single plate.

Anyone who knows me will say it's very unusual for me to say anything like this.

The two of us had the Charcuterie, the Veal Bone Marrow, a bowl of Brussels sprouts, and small plates of pork belly & duck.

The mortadella on the Charcuterie board was no doubt the best I've ever had anywhere. The bone marrow...well it's bone marrow...one of God's gifts. The Brussels were fabulously fried, slightly sweet, & utterly delicious. The pork belly was as suculent as belly should be & the stone ground grits were perfectly prepared. The duck had been confit'd, mixed with Carolina Gold rice, and fried in a patty. Served over crowder peas and greens it was a great dish.

The only ding I would give it is that the portions are a touch small.

The taste of every single element was spot on.
I'm glad someone I know went there and liked it. I thought it was awful. I got one of their burgers for lunch and it was bad, nowhere near the asking price. Did not get the positive reviews in the City Paper neither. Glad to hear I was apparently wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,612,965 times
We went to Triangle Char-N-Bar in Avondale today . Good stuff. Always one of our favorites!

Old 04-13-2014, 07:14 AM

642 posts, read 753,866 times
Saturday first time at the Tattooed Moose, had the "famous" duck club with french fries (in duck fat). Tasty to be sure, but they are mighty proud of this item, just under $20 for it plus an iced tea. I doubt if I will ever go back, though.

Hit Red Drum for the first time this past week, sat at the bar and had some great nachos. I will go back.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:42 PM

3,256 posts, read 4,228,959 times
Southerly and we were pleasantly surprised! The chicken and waffles were divine.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:55 PM

324 posts, read 668,117 times
I had chicken and waffles at The Early Bird Diner. Yum!

Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 PM

777 posts, read 993,347 times
Went back to Basil Thai in MP last night ... it has become our go to restaurant every time we don't feel like eating at home. We're basically there once a week. Num Num.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 PM

Had lunch at Closed For Business. I liked my sandwich but there seemed like a few good choices.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:01 PM

Apparently I eat out too much. Had lunch at Ted's Butcher Block. Food was great and affordable too!

Old 04-19-2014, 05:36 PM

114 posts, read 158,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I tried West Farm Cafe and Market for lunch today and it was good. It's one of those places where I'd like to try everything on the menu eventually. Thanks for the recommendation!
Glad you liked it! We are slowly making our way down the menu too. BTW Five Loaves is coming to Summerville too - one of my favorites for lunch AND dinner. This is exciting!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:31 PM

326 posts, read 394,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbound and Down View Post
Saturday first time at the Tattooed Moose, had the "famous" duck club with french fries (in duck fat). Tasty to be sure, but they are mighty proud of this item, just under $20 for it plus an iced tea. I doubt if I will ever go back, though.

Hit Red Drum for the first time this past week, sat at the bar and had some great nachos. I will go back.
i always feel a bit off after eating there. not exactly light food, and i usually think i can eat just about anything!

and i usually get the duck club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesmom View Post
Glad you liked it! We are slowly making our way down the menu too. BTW Five Loaves is coming to Summerville too - one of my favorites for lunch AND dinner. This is exciting!
solid spot for a good lunch--i'm a fan of the cup of soup half a sandwich (and be able to go back to work without needing a nap).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area