Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 08:16 AM

12,898 posts, read 18,751,931 times

Advertisements

I went back to the Lost Dog Cafe and Folly Beach this morning and met some friends. Those pancakes are off the chain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 12:23 PM

58 posts, read 82,406 times
Yeah, lost dog is amazing. I always think it can't be worth the wait (especially since a lot of the other places on Folly don't have a line out the door on the weekend) but it always is. I'll also note that their bacon is fantastic and the best I've had anywhere that I can think of.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:22 PM

4 posts, read 3,566 times
Went to the Fat Hen on Johns Island Saturday night and it definitely won't be our last trip there. Delicious!! The chicken liver appetizer was to-die-for. We were sopping up the sauce with our bread. The plate looked like it had been washed by the time the table was cleared. And the Coq Au Vin...incredible. Now, my mouth is watering.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:11 PM

882 posts, read 1,463,335 times
Back at The Ordinary earlier tonight.

As always great fare, and tonight even better company ... heroic company to be precise.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:47 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,597,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Back at The Ordinary earlier tonight.

As always great fare, and tonight even better company ... heroic company to be precise.
And so now I've eaten at The Ordinary and can confirm that it's excellent fare!

Old 04-15-2016, 09:49 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,751 times
Not quite a restaurant .. but a great find: Bundt Cake Sizes and Options | Nothing Bundt Cakes ... excellent offerings. I had a lemon bundtlet (single serving & more), very moist & flavorful; DH had the chocolate which also had small chocolate pieces within. Icings are all the same light cream cheese based. I usually scrape off frostings & toss, but this was quite nice.
I plan on getting a dozen mixed flavor "bundtinis" to bring to a friends dinner party tomorrow.
We also tasted the carrot & the white chocolate raspberry -- true flavors not chemical as often is the case in the latter.
The packaging makes for nice gift presentations. I'm looking forward to this being my new go-to potluck dessert, now that my crowd is played out on fruit arrangements. Enjoy!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,402 times
Southside 17 in West Ashley. The best Reubens ever!

Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
And so now I've eaten at The Ordinary and can confirm that it's excellent fare!
It's about time!!!!

Old 04-18-2016, 06:12 AM

859 posts, read 1,362,015 times
We finally made it to the Early Bird Diner on Saturday for lunch, and so glad we did!! What a great little funky place, with tons of great food and atmosphere!! I had the shrimp and grits with tomato gravy, and hubby had the 'the mess', both were awesome!

Old 04-18-2016, 10:36 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,183 times
I went to the Zac Brown et al Southern Ground concerts this past weekend ... and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food choices available from the 15 or so venders operating during the concerts ...and we tried food from about all of them during the day and evening.. but in particular Cru catering/ restaurant's offerings were just terrific... I hadn't been to their restaurant downtown in quite a while... but given this experience ... I certainly will be there soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area