Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:10 PM

36 posts, read 48,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
Get in touch with Eastwood Homes, they're doing some fantastic homes in Swygert's Landing on John's Island, and out in Carnes Crossroads. I'm certain they have other projects in the works as well.
Thanks, we will do that. I really appreciate your input.

Again thanks. ☺
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 10:01 PM

7,102 posts, read 5,924,736 times
Carnes Crossroads is one of the best new developments in the area with homes in your price range. You also may want to check out Sophia's Landing, which features Dan Ryan Homes, Myers Mill (Keystone Homes), and River Birch, also Dan Ryan Homes. Cane Bay is also a very popular place with several builders featured.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 AM

6,414 posts, read 1,383,342 times
I can't agree that Carolina Bay is cheap and poorly built, although I don't live there, it looks very nice, and I think Pulte homes is a very, very good builder! My home was built by Harbor Homes/Mungo homes and I like it a lot. I think they are good builders too.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 AM

Yes, I like Mungo's as well, they do a good job.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Carnes Crossroads is one of the best new developments in the area with homes in your price range. You also may want to check out Sophia's Landing, which features Dan Ryan Homes, Myers Mill (Keystone Homes), and River Birch, also Dan Ryan Homes. Cane Bay is also a very popular place with several builders featured.
Thanks, I will check the areas and builders you suggest. I do appreciate your time and assistance.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I can't agree that Carolina Bay is cheap and poorly built, although I don't live there, it looks very nice, and I think Pulte homes is a very, very good builder! My home was built by Harbor Homes/Mungo homes and I like it a lot. I think they are good builders too.

Any thoughts on specific areas?

Thanks,😃

Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 AM

6,414 posts, read 1,383,342 times
What builders should we avoid?

I only know Mungo/Harbor homes and Pulte are good. This means Carolina Bay parts built by Pulte are good.

What builders would you recommend?

What communities have 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots?

Not my neighborhood, and not any other neighborhood near downtown Charleston or the nearby suburbs. For the $250,000 range the neighborhoods yards are small, unless you move into the country/rural areas then the yards are big. I also believe you can get a big yard and new home for over 300,000 or more.

Thoughts on specific areas?

Well, you like new construction, I also bought a new home with Mungo. You can look up Mungo an Pulte new homes in the Charleston area. They each have several new neigborhoods. I like the neighborhoods of Carolina Bay, the Cottage's @ John's Island, Ocean Neighbor's on James Island. They are all new neighborhoods.
I like living near the oceanfront and rivers, as well as being close to downtown Charleston. The others here have listed nice new communities that are far away from Charleston city, but that is fine if you don't want to be near the coast or downtown. But, the closer you get to downtown, and the coast , the more expensive...Carnes Crossroads, and Cane Bay are nice new neighborhoods, but they are 1 hour from downtown Charleston.

Thanks for your input and opinions.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:51 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,730,633 times
Loads of areas near downtown are 1/3 to 1/2 acre, but you'll need to knock down the place that's already on the land if you want something there that's new.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:19 PM

Just north of Mount Pleasant is Awendaw and McClellanville, there's plenty of acreage out that way. Also, most of the homesites on John's Island will be 1/3 acre or better. Same with James Island, but most of James Island homes with large lots are 1960's/1970's homes. Ravenel is also a good option for larger lots, again you're looking at 30-45 mintues from Charleston, also there's Hollywood, where they are buying homes for "land value", tearing them down and putting up custom homes. Good sized lots in Shadowmoss in West Ashley, Park Circle is much closer to Downtown and they are decent sized lots, but the homes are 1920's-1950's and are being revitalized. Also, there's some good lots in Brickyard, and Hamlin, Snee Farm, Carol Oaks, all of these neighborhoods are in Mt. Pleasant.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:51 PM

29 posts, read 66,338 times
i am also feeling the same way. Anyone have an opinion on Beazer? They seem to be very energy efficient homes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area