Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,753,009 times

Advertisements

Y'all may be right. I kept putting my hand over her mohawk so I could see her face and how she'd look in long hair and it looked similar enough especially her mouth full of big teeth.....pretty teeth. But I do think it's probably not her. Sorry about that.

I too thought she was gorgeous without that mohawk. lol Southern Charm's Jenna does have a very pretty face also but just not the one I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 03:43 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Yeah it's kind of insulting to the old Blue Bloods here. I tried to watch it, but it just didn't seem all that real to me, so I haven't watched more that the first episode.
I refuse to watch it. I think the characters are an insult to the city. Plus, I don't think I'm missing much with how the different news stations and city papers are highlighting the episodes and the hordes of locals that state their opinions on how horrid the show really is.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
It's trash TV but I'll watch it if nothing else is one -- but I'm guilty of watching the REal Housewives too-- AAAACCCK......

It no more represents the city than those Real Housewives franchises really represent their cities.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's trash TV but I'll watch it if nothing else is one -- but I'm guilty of watching the REal Housewives too-- AAAACCCK......

It no more represents the city than those Real Housewives franchises really represent their cities.

Don't lie, you know you loved TRav using the word "period" more than "get me a drink" last episode

With all the scripted drama there's some positives too

1) Every episode they visit 1-2 different restaurant/bars around CHS
2) See a lot of old architecture and learn facts (ex: Blue paint was used as a superstition to ward off the spirits underneath the balconies)
3) Meet real life locals... The character JD is a big time owner downtown, he owns the gentlemen's parlor and restaurants
4) It's refreshing to show relatives and friends how beautiful CHS is

It isn't for everyone, but I think it's great and hopefully it helps our area for even more tourism and industry

Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,314,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
Don't lie, you know you loved TRav using the word "period" more than "get me a drink" last episode

2) See a lot of old architecture and learn facts (ex: Blue paint was used as a superstition to ward off the spirits underneath the balconies)
3) Meet real life locals... The character JD is a big time owner downtown, he owns the gentlemen's parlor and restaurants

It isn't for everyone, but I think it's great and hopefully it helps our area for even more tourism and industry
I agree with all of this.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:

I'll much rather watch a show airing about Charleston if it's on The Travel Channel or The Food Network. I did enjoy watching The Old City Jail on the paranormal shows. Those actually depict this city in a positive light.

I just am not a fan of reality TV. I think the only thing I record on TV that's reality is The Millionaire Matchmaker and Duck Dynasty.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:08 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I'll much rather watch a show airing about Charleston if it's on The Travel Channel or The Food Network. I did enjoy watching The Old City Jail on the paranormal shows. Those actually depict this city in a positive light.

I just am not a fan of reality TV. I think the only thing I record on TV that's reality is The Millionaire Matchmaker and Duck Dynasty.

You get everything listed above in an episode including (millionaire matchmaker and a little duck dynasty)

no channel switching

Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
You get everything listed above in an episode including (millionaire matchmaker and a little duck dynasty)

no channel switching
Hahahaha

Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,446,547 times
Every episode they visit 1-2 different restaurant/bars around CHS

One restaurant they went to in an earlier episode was "La Fourchette;" it has since closed.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,753,009 times
This is interesting:

Thomas Ravenel will have S.C. license suspended for 6 months following DWI conviction in New York – The Post and Courier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area