Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 11:04 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,446,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post
The Nordstrom ... nor the Dicks ... nor the DSW.. is a big box store .....
Yes they are. Walmart, Home Depot, Target, Costco, Dicks, Academy, Khols, Office Depot, Old Navy, Party City, etc, theyre all big box. Just because theyre attached doesnt change the definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 11:09 AM

Was in real estate class today talking about industrial property and someone said they heard a rumor that Boeing possibly wants to buy the whole airport property, and then CHS would move to Summerville.

I dont buy this. Wit the expansions underway and infrastructure already in place, I dont see why CHS would move, ever. We're not Atlanta or LA and never will be, we'll never need a "reliever" airport.

What I could see is Boeing buying the neighborhoods near the airport, rezoning industrial, and going from there. But that should be wayy down the road. Just thought I'd share, just in case anyone else heard this rumor mill.

Last edited by Jandrew5; 08-31-2015 at 12:05 PM..

Old 08-31-2015, 05:49 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,402 times
Does anyone know what they're building across the street from the Cactus Car Wash on 61 in West Ashley? I saw there was a huge lot cleared and what looks like construction soon to be started.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM

43 posts, read 164,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Was in real estate class today talking about industrial property and someone said they heard a rumor that Boeing possibly wants to buy the whole airport property, and then CHS would move to Summerville.
So I guess Boeing would just swoop in and buy up Joint Base Charleston too, right? The DoD owns the runways not CHS. Boeing fever gets a little crazy around here.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:41 PM

734 posts, read 920,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyGinSC View Post
So I guess Boeing would just swoop in and buy up Joint Base Charleston too, right? The DoD owns the runways not CHS. Boeing fever gets a little crazy around here.

Hey it won't be the first time that someone buys up DOD property. Take a look at all the base closings over the years. Property was sold to developers. Look at Cameron Station in Alexandria VA to be exact.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:04 PM

12,902 posts, read 18,751,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Does anyone know what they're building across the street from the Cactus Car Wash on 61 in West Ashley? I saw there was a huge lot cleared and what looks like construction soon to be started.
Someone said apartments a good many posts ago.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:28 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
No truth to that whatsoever.

Quote:
What I could see is Boeing buying the neighborhoods near the airport, rezoning industrial, and going from there. But that should be wayy down the road. Just thought I'd share, just in case anyone else heard this rumor mill.
That has already happened, it can be seen on the Corps of Engineers runoff plans that were submitted. They have a note that market conditions dictate whether phase 2 will happen or not.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:35 AM

I dont buy it either. Just wanted to see if anyone else had ever heard it. I was scratching my head when he said it in class.

Ps DSW and Field and Stream is now open and Nordstrom Rack is set to open Thursday.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:29 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Looks like they've given up and are now reopening Srgt Jasper while they figure out what to do with it. Too bad because that's one of the biggest eyesores in the peninsula. I can't wait to see it come down and get replaced with anything else. They should have let them go with the first plan.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 PM

2,310 posts, read 2,957,105 times
Speaking of the NIMBY's those in the Save Shem Creek group released what they want instead of the parking garage
Shem Creek rendering: Provocative vision or ‘silly drawing’? - Post and Courier
They want to put a restaurant there. Because the best way to ease parking issues is to make them worse. Stay intelligent SSC....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area