Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 09:45 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,443,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Up to 8 Dairy Queens coming to Charleston - Post and Courier
Add Dairy Queen to the mix. Always had good hot dogs.
I'm still waiting on all the Smashburgers they promised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 10:21 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,955,582 times
As far as the Airport goes, revenue is up and expenses are down for the last business quarter.

Also in the October-December quarter arrivings and departings are at 1.25 mil, up 150k from the same quarter last year.... At this rate we will pass the 2016 goal by a few hundred thousand.
Charleston airport continues to post solid revenue, passenger gains - Post and Courier

Old 01-15-2016, 10:49 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,287 times
Ladson isn't "sorta inside of Summerville".

Old 01-16-2016, 01:34 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,940,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkeyM View Post
Ladson isn't really a town. It's in the jumbled city limit mess between North Charleston, Lincolnville, and Summerville city limits and a bunch of donut holes in Dorchester and Charleston Counties. Half the people there claim Summerville, the other claim Ladson (which usually means they're really in North Charleston).

Old 01-16-2016, 09:56 AM

268 posts, read 281,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkeyM View Post
It "sorta" is.

Oakbrook is Summerville, Parts of Wescot is in Summerville. Ladson isn't its own town. It's a community inside of N Charleston/Summerville.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:55 AM

2,000 posts, read 1,863,856 times
Ladson is a census-designated place (CDP) in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties in the U.S. state of South Carolina. The population was 13,790 at the 2010 census. According to wiki

Old 01-16-2016, 10:55 AM

Ladson is a CDP with its own zip code. It's its own thing, not Summerville or N Charleston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
As far as the Airport goes, revenue is up and expenses are down for the last business quarter.

Also in the October-December quarter arrivings and departings are at 1.25 mil, up 150k from the same quarter last year.... At this rate we will pass the 2016 goal by a few hundred thousand.
Charleston airport continues to post solid revenue, passenger gains - Post and Courier
I'll be flying out of there for the first time in March. Can't wait to see what it all looks like.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:06 PM

Just remembered that Southwest will be adding nonstop to Denver in June. That's two western states, Washington and Colorado, out of nowhere. Plus we have true "international" service now with Toronto, even if its once a week and seasonal to their smaller airport.

Maybe California is next? Or Utah. Latin America? Maybe a new airline? Who knows. I'm happy the airport is having success and can expand their footprint. A few years ago it seemed like all of SC's major airports were stuck having to go to the same old cities on the east and midwest. And maybe it's just me, but the planes coming in and out have seemed to have gotten bigger. Not everything's a little regional jet anymore.

Good to see people are wanting to come visit, and good to see that airlines are realizing we like to get out too. I'll be flying out in March with no need to have to deal with ATL or CLT, and could possibly fly out again in the summer. Can't wait.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:22 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,936 times
Yeah good progress indeed, but still a ways to go. Especially if it's an international airport.
I just priced a ticket from CHS to Nicarauga. I'll have to travel to D.C. then back to Houston before heading down to MGA.
Also coming from Asia or Europe to CHS cost more than traveling all the way to the west coast. Reason? Small airport, less traffic. Price you pay for a small city I guess.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:33 PM

I'm not sure what you really expected in that instance. Charleston doesn't have the business climate, population, or recognition to warrant that. Even ATL and CLT don't have too many daily nonstop flights all the way to Asia and all over Europe and theyre two of the busiest airports in the world.

And a lot times "international" is just put in the name for marketing or because the customs could handle it. Pretty meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area