Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 01:53 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Have we heard anything new about the Libraries being built, I know there's supposed to be one near Wando but I've heard almost nothing since the referendum passed in 2014
Last I head was they were taking inputs from the public on what they wanted in them, but that was back in Oct 2015. I can't find anything else on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 01:57 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Ya, I feel that the picture is underselling the height a bit though, it's about twice the height of the East Central Lofts, which I believe will be building another building on a nearby plot of land, and that's about the height of the highway.
The 2nd East Central Lofts is underway. I've seen renderings online that show it in respect to the highway. I think a cluster of massive buildings right off the bridge is what that area needs, rather than the highway ramps dwarfing everything in sight.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:18 PM

12,916 posts, read 18,761,054 times
This isn't new construction, but it is an upfit. North Carolina-based Southern Seasons is bringing a downsized grocery store to downtown Charleston.

Downsized Southern Season opening on Market Street - Post and Courier

Old 05-03-2016, 04:19 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
This isn't new construction, but it is an upfit. North Carolina-based Southern Seasons is bringing a downsized grocery store to downtown Charleston.

Downsized Southern Season opening on Market Street - Post and Courier
I wouldn't call Southern Season a grocery store ... more a specialty food shop .... but a welcome addition none the less.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:19 PM

12,916 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post
I wouldn't call Southern Season a grocery store ... more a specialty food shop .... but a welcome addition none the less.
Thanks for pointing that out. I had never heard of them.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I had never heard of them.
They are a really terrific store... based in Chapel Hill...specializing for the most part at least in foodstuffs .. on southern manufactured product ....( you can actually get Cackalacky sauce )... I recall you get to MTP frequently ... next time over there you really should stop in their store ... on Coleman Blvd. Aside from the store there's also a pretty good restaurant ( Southerly)and cooking school on site.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:33 PM

244 posts, read 231,075 times
Quote:
They are a really terrific store... based in Chapel Hill...specializing for the most part at least in foodstuffs .. on southern manufactured product ....( you can actually get Cackalacky sauce )... I recall you get to MTP frequently ... next time over there you really should stop in their store ... on Coleman Blvd. Aside from the store there's also a pretty good restaurant ( Southerly)and cooking school on site.
At the risk of being crucified.... What is cackalacky sauce....I am guessing a Carolina sauce

Old 05-04-2016, 06:23 AM

184 posts, read 216,209 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how the Mount Pleasant store stays in business but I guess the severe markup hasn't stopped the tourists.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmt1 View Post
At the risk of being crucified.... What is cackalacky sauce....I am guessing a Carolina sauce
No crucification required ..lol .. the names origin is lost in the mist of time...at least for me... but it refers to the Carolinas in general..add north or south to be specific..... its a sauce made from sweet potatoes and red peppers primarily ... and from my experience used with country ham....My Grandmother used to make it but she passed in '75 and I haven't seen it served since....I have heard the Carolinas referred to using the name but rarely. Im going to guess its of Gullah origin .. but have no reason other than a hunch.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Southern Season has great wine deals. They offer case discounts....and includes some speciality beers. oooh I see I'm showing my true self always talking about where to get great wine deals. oh my. hiccup

Some of the stuff is definitely marked up but some stuff not so much...great place to get little gifts, etc. Coastal Cupboard in Belle Hall is another cooking store I like.

The new one on Bowman -- meh ---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area