Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 12:20 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,448,365 times

Advertisements

That is nothing unique to Charleston...NYC, San Fran, Houston, DC, LA, Chicago, New Orleans, etc have class dining and cuisine, and also have chains and CCF's all over the place. Thats our America. Doesnt matter what city youre in.

Believe it or not, theres people that would rather go eat at Applebees than Hominy Grill. I dont get why that shocks anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 12:27 AM

Charleston ports agency files permit application for Dillon inland port | Business | postandcourier.com

State Port Authority looking to build an inland port in Dillion that would connect with Chas.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:02 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
That is nothing unique to Charleston...NYC, San Fran, Houston, DC, LA, Chicago, New Orleans, etc have class dining and cuisine, and also have chains and CCF's all over the place. Thats our America. Doesnt matter what city youre in.

Believe it or not, theres people that would rather go eat at Applebees than Hominy Grill. I dont get why that shocks anybody.

Speaking of chain restaurants, there's rumor that Mugs N Jugs Sports Bar will be setting up shop on the peninsular. But checking around some, Mugs N Jugs is associated with a place called Abe's Place Tap and Grill. So, maybe one or the other is coming.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 AM

Did they ever announce what the grocery store is taking over Doschers?

Old 11-20-2016, 05:45 PM

310 posts, read 258,198 times
Quote:
Did they ever announce what the grocery store is taking over Doschers?
I don't think anything is taking over Doscher's. Whole Foods is moving in next-door. The soccer arena, day care, and gas station are all slated for demolition sometime in early 2017. Doscher's still has a few years left on their lease.

The V-Go gas station has submitted plans to relocate to the site of the former BP at the corner of Wantoot and Savannah Hwy.

Quote:
True. Also depressing that the Citadel Mall redevelopment seems to have gone back into the abyss again.
I strongly suspect news on that will come in the first half of 2017. Allegedly, discussions are actively taking place with a few different developers. The City is really pushing their plan to demolish the interior of the mall and turn it into a mixed-use development. (I'm still not sure how feasible it is for a developer to buy out all of the leases...)

Old 11-21-2016, 04:01 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone referred to being "shocked". Amazed was my word choice.

People still eat hot dogs from 7-11 too. Doesn't make them good either.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:52 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASwift View Post
I strongly suspect news on that will come in the first half of 2017. Allegedly, discussions are actively taking place with a few different developers. The City is really pushing their plan to demolish the interior of the mall and turn it into a mixed-use development. (I'm still not sure how feasible it is for a developer to buy out all of the leases...)

I don't know how hard those leases would be to buyout. Other than Target and possibly Dillards the whole place is
on a decline. Belk had closed off what feels like half the second floor, I never see anyone in Sears outside tools/appliances. I imagine Planet Fitness and Sesame are there simply for location as opposed to any grand desire to be in a mall itself.

If they layout the new development mindfully they could probably build new spaces at the edges of the property to house existing tenants then tear down the existing at the core. Target and the food court entrance seem to be the only ones using even half their parking.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:02 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,654,079 times
Welcome to the West Ashley area, the new True Value hardware store at Wappoo Road and Ashley River Road.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:09 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,599,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Welcome to the West Ashley area, the new True Value hardware store at Wappoo Road and Ashley River Road.
I stopped by there the other day before they were officially open and it looks like a serious full service hardware store. So glad to see them there to replace the sorely missed store that was farther down on Wappoo.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:13 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
"Artsy" building planned for 663 King St finally receives BAR approval.

BAR approves artsy building on upper King Street in Charleston | Business | postandcourier.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area