Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 07:31 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
You could do with a Best Buy though.... there is almost nowhere in Mt. Pleasant to buy tech.
They had a Circuit City where Petco is now. Went out of business, obviously. I admit it can be a bit inconvenient at times when I need something tech related that isn't sold locally but I just drive up to North Charleston. It's not too far away after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 07:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Yeah 15 minutes once or twice a year for a Best Buy is fine.

We don't seem to mind -- so you don't.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:20 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,440,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That interesting phenomena where folks who don't live in Mt. Pleasant feel compelled to tell folks who live there what they should have or want in their community.
Thats not what I said, but thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Until you are a voting resident of Mt Pleasant, your opinion really isn't relevant. You say the citizens of Mt Pleasant want this type of development and retail. If they do, they are not getting their voice heard either at the meetings or the polls. So until and unless that happens, what happens in Mt Pleasant as it pertains to development is going to be guided by the what the residents want and right now, they don't want it.
You twisted my words. But just because I dont LIVE there, my opinion isnt valid? Okay. Even though im over there every couple of days? Ok. Well, if I was agreeing with you, you wouldnt say that. If I said "yeah, I live up in Summerville, they should send chains here, Mt P doesnt need or want them." You wouldnt say "wait. You live in S-ville? Sorry, but you have no say." But since our views differ, of course you oppose.

Nice debate, sorry your precious Coleman Boulevard is being oh so ruined by homes that are just 10 feet too high. Maybe they shouldnt bring Nordstrom and Dicks then? Yeah, lets just leave the old K-Mart property to rot and sit as an eyesore. So mom and pop across 17 can keep on chugging. Same with Academy and Aldi. Lets fire up our bulldozers once they break ground...

Old 08-23-2014, 08:20 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That interesting phenomena where folks who don't live in Mt. Pleasant feel compelled to tell folks who live there what they should have or want in their community.

It's the "it was better at home so let's change it, mentality" that we see from the transplants

I'm glad the council, and mayor are listening to the residents downtown and spearheading the 1 year ban.

Everything needs to slow down, and reassess so we can make changes to make things that work

Old 08-23-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
It's the "it was better at home so let's change it, mentality" that we see from the transplants

I'm glad the council is listening to the people downtown and spearheading the 1 year ban.
If youre referring to me in this, im not a transplant.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
You twisted my words. But just because I dont LIVE there, my opinion isnt valid? Okay. Even though im over there every couple of days? Ok. Well, if I was agreeing with you, you wouldnt say that. If I said "yeah, I live up in Summerville, they should send chains here, Mt P doesnt need or want them." You wouldnt say "wait. You live in S-ville? Sorry, but you have no say." But since our views differ, of course you oppose.

Nice debate, sorry your precious Coleman Boulevard is being oh so ruined by homes that are just 10 feet too high. Maybe they shouldnt bring Nordstrom and Dicks then? Yeah, lets just leave the old K-Mart property to rot and sit as an eyesore. So mom and pop across 17 can keep on chugging. Same with Academy and Aldi. Lets fire up our bulldozers once they break ground...
Snark aside, I didn't twist your words. I didn't agree with you and no matter what you wish, if you are not a voting resident of Mt Pleasant, your opinion is irrelevant. As is mine on your hometown. That's just how the world works.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post

I'm glad the council, and mayor are listening to the residents downtown and spearheading the 1 year ban.

Everything needs to slow down, and reassess so we can make changes to make things that work
I think it's good of downtown to do this. I thought it was equally prudent when Mt Pleasant had a moratorium on new construction permits back several years ago for a similar reason. I wish they would revisit that again. A pause every now and again is good for the community to assess and determine how they want to deal with both future growth and current growth.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Snark aside, I didn't twist your words. I didn't agree with you and no matter what you wish, if you are not a voting resident of Mt Pleasant, your opinion is irrelevant. As is mine on your hometown. That's just how the world works.
You didnt get the point, but okay.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
You didnt get the point, but okay.
I got the point, I just didn't agree with it and rejected it out of hand. There's a difference.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I got the point, I just didn't agree with it and rejected it out of hand. There's a difference.
No you make me sounds like some transplant bad guy that thinks since Mt P is attracting non-locals, they need to Walmart-itize the whole city. Not what I said. I did say causing uproar over 10 or so feet is silly, but I didnt say the city should be allowed to just slap whatever up and down 17 and Coleman and Long Pointe. So, yeah whatever.

Any new constructions going on? Isnt something going to Cane Bay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area