Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 12:35 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,954,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe the Air Force base does not have it's own runways. I believe they share with Charleston Airport.
Ya, but the buildings that are a part of the base would likely be torn down and replaced with runways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 03:03 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Or they may leave one day. There said at one time they would if Center Point was ever developed because that is a crash zone. Could still happen with all the development.
Never thought the shipyard and Navy base would leave did ya?
You aren't making any sense. You said the airbase may need more land, then talk about them leaving.

And I'm not sure who you are referring to about "crash zones". AF bases all around the country have developments along g approaches.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:06 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe the Air Force base does not have it's own runways. I believe they share with Charleston Airport.
It's the other way. The AF has priority. There are a lot of similar situations around the country.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:31 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post

See things are already starting to happen! lol

Citadel Mall adding new retailers, restaurant > Charleston Business Journal

Old 06-12-2017, 04:48 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
The mall isn't giving up without a fight, but to be honest I wish they'd just tear it down and start over. Citadel Mall could easily be turned into something like this: http://onebellevueplace.com/ or better. Mangnolia Park in Greenville has been a success.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:13 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
The mall isn't giving up without a fight, but to be honest I wish they'd just tear it down and start over. Citadel Mall could easily be turned into something like this: http://onebellevueplace.com/ or better. Mangnolia Park in Greenville has been a success.
I was hoping more like this: https://downtowncontainerpark.com/

We have a large port where some of those old containers can be recycled.

*PS If you haven't been to Vegas, Container Park is a gem (especially if you have younger kids)

Live Bands with full stage/restaurants and bars serving great food/ and a giant play area in the middle.
Attached Thumbnails
Charleston Metro Area Construction-1cp.jpg   Charleston Metro Area Construction-2cp.jpg  

Last edited by Chs2014; 06-12-2017 at 05:22 PM..

Old 06-12-2017, 06:42 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
I was hoping more like this: https://downtowncontainerpark.com/

We have a large port where some of those old containers can be recycled.

*PS If you haven't been to Vegas, Container Park is a gem (especially if you have younger kids)

Live Bands with full stage/restaurants and bars serving great food/ and a giant play area in the middle.
That looks awesome, Ill take that too. Anything other than whats there now. That mall has so much potential and it has a chance to transform the whole area. All that empty parking lot, that land can be put to good use.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:38 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times
Quote:
Looks like another Tanger Outlet to me.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:17 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:

I don't have a lot of faith in Richard Davis as his pockets are not very deep and he has no experience running a mall or turning a mall around but who knows. One of my suggestions I made on the survey Citadel Mall is conducting is to incorporate a hotel into the mall.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:12 AM

2,000 posts, read 1,863,463 times
Dave and busters and cheesecake factory will bring people there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area