Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 09:08 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbalancedwood View Post
The Guild will be priced at $2,000+
Keep in mind, many apartment complex like to add other fees to the rate (concierge trash service, internet/cable, etc) that are a requirement to pay.
Don't forget parking fee's.

That $8,000 rental has two balconies and two bedrooms & two bathrooms

I went back for more pricing info on The Guild (Courier Square). Saw where parking is not included in the rental rates so add $150/month/unassigned space to monthly expense if parking is needed. Things really start to add up when you start adding one-time and recurring expenses for pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 09:12 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
I’ve been in Charleston two years and five months and have never been to Costco. I have been to Citadel Mall once and Tanger Outlet once. I am drawn almost exclusively to what we have in Charleston that no other place has, as I sit in Starbucks sipping coffee and nibbling on a piece of chocolate cake.
That was sarcasm, right?

Old 12-12-2017, 02:31 PM

12,887 posts, read 18,741,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
That was sarcasm, right?
"Almost" was a key word there.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:28 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
I went back for more pricing info on The Guild (Courier Square). Saw where parking is not included in the rental rates so add $150/month/unassigned space to monthly expense if parking is needed. Things really start to add up when you start adding one-time and recurring expenses for pets.
I can imagine what the occupancy rate will be. 70%?

Old 12-12-2017, 05:59 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
"Almost" was a key word there.
I admit I missed that word.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:55 PM

New hotel BAR approved for downtown.

Charleston Board of Architectural Review approves waterfront hotel | WCIV

Old 12-18-2017, 01:45 PM

2,525 posts, read 1,945,168 times
Question about all the new Hotels.......

We were Downtown over the weekend, and the number of Tower Cranes was astounding. How many new Hotels are going up near the Interstate ?? Is that supposed to be the new Tourist Zone ??

If that is the new Zone....they really ought to straighten out the roads in that section. The thing I noticed about Savannah right away -- they have a "gateway" into their city that makes it easy to get into town. Our town has 4 or 5 exits all tangled up in back streets, random Stop signs and one-way streets. Get us off the Highway, Get onto East Bay Street or Rutledge Avenue and get us into easy Parking on the East side or West side of town.

And spend a little money on Street Lights......it's like the dark side of the moon trying to get out of town at night.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:22 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post

We were Downtown over the weekend, and the number of Tower Cranes was astounding. How many new Hotels are going up near the Interstate ?? Is that supposed to be the new Tourist Zone ??

If that is the new Zone....they really ought to straighten out the roads in that section. The thing I noticed about Savannah right away -- they have a "gateway" into their city that makes it easy to get into town. Our town has 4 or 5 exits all tangled up in back streets, random Stop signs and one-way streets. Get us off the Highway, Get onto East Bay Street or Rutledge Avenue and get us into easy Parking on the East side or West side of town.

And spend a little money on Street Lights......it's like the dark side of the moon trying to get out of town at night.

I believe those cranes are for the new apartment buildings going up along the upper Meeting St corridor, not for new hotels, although the new (Aloft) hotel will be underway soon in that area.

Totally agree about the lack of street lights. Terrible.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:16 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,940,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post

Savannah is realatively small and the highway runs across the back of downtown. Charleston plowed the highway through the middle of it so all the exits dump you off onto 19th century roads.

This whole place could use some street lights. James Island requires high beams to drive through. None of 526 in Mount Pleasant is lit which is odd for a populated metro area. Mathis Ferry is pitch black at night.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
I believe those cranes are for the new apartment buildings going up along the upper Meeting St corridor, not for new hotels, although the new (Aloft) hotel will be underway soon in that area.

Totally agree about the lack of street lights. Terrible.
Oh yeah street lights. Worst place coming into downtown at night is pass the car wash on SC 61.
If I were not a local I'd be very lost. Signs are small and vague and absolutely 'no' lights, and lots of oaks to make it even darker. The approach into town via both Ashley River brides are dim, yet the bridge it self is well lite. That alone makes it hard to see because your eyes need to adjust very quickly.
But all over this town lights are needed. As an example, Cantrell Blvd. from SC 61 to Bees Ferry there is not one street light. A length of about three miles, but when you get to Bees Ferry it looks like day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area