Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times

Advertisements

Here's events coming up in May:

About | Greek FestivalGreek Festival

http://sweetgrassmusicfestival.com/

Spoleto Festival USA 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 11:41 AM

12 posts, read 18,515 times
Default Artisan Cooperatives

Hi everybody,

i can see that there hasn't been much activity in this forum in a while, but i thought i'd add an inquiry because so many of you have listed some great vendor opportunities. I'm coming to Charleston from western New York. I've been in Durham for the last year and their not that big into the craft thing. while up in NY i began my business in primitive artisan woodcrafts and in addition to doing the whole craft fair/festival thing, i had a couple of cooperative booths. now i see that the historic city market has opportunities, as does Charleston craft co-op, but are there any others that any of you know of? Perhaps ones that are little more low key.

thanks, wesley

Old 01-15-2015, 06:00 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,599,478 times
There are a few farmer's markets that also host crafters. The big one is in Marion Square downtown and it's also big on crafts. It draws a huge crowd in nice weather. Not easy to get into that one though. The city market is not so easy to get a spot in either.

There are a number of festivals during the year that will have craft shows associated with them. The two biggest are Piccolo Spoleto Craft show and the Southeast Wildlife Exposition Craft show. Both of those are juried and again not easy to get in to but have excellent crafters and I think they do well.

The Farmer's markets are probably what you're looking for or sharing a booth at the city market if you can find someone who wants to do that.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,259 times
NorthernSoutherner,

I agree with Local Hero. I was a vendor this past year at the Summerville Farmer's Market. It was well worth it. I started off as a fill in but pretty much did every Saturday since July...up until December 20th. There are other small markets around and about that are affordable. I haven't done any larger festivals because they want an arm and a leg for fees and I do well enough. For many people...the more expensive shows are worth it but for me I pride myself on selling under market value and I'd have to raise my prices.

There are also vendor opportunities at antique and artisan type malls...you can rent space.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:35 AM

859 posts, read 1,362,404 times
Craft Fair at the Shriner's in Mt Pleasant, Saturday October 17, 2015 - over 80 crafters, children's craft corner, face painting for the kids. Sponsored by the Island Crafter's Guild.

October 17, 2015
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At:
Omar Shriner Convention Center
176 Patriots Point Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

Old 10-19-2015, 12:38 PM

14 posts, read 13,049 times
Did anyone attend the "Diner en Blanc" event a few days ago? The concept looks really cool.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb627 View Post
Did anyone attend the "Diner en Blanc" event a few days ago? The concept looks really cool.
I was in the registration for the event but didn't pursue tickets because we were out of town. It's a little bit of a funny thing. You pay for the privilege of brining your own food and table and chairs and buying their booze to say you participated.

Important Event Details:
Event Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015
Meeting Time: Approximately 5:30pm
Event Time: 6 – 10 pm
Transportation: Walking or bus
Participation Fee: $35 per person ($70 per table of two) + $8 Dîner en Blanc Membership fee

Guests Must Bring:
A folding, square table, measuring between 24x24” and 34x34"
Two white folding chairs
A picnic dinner: You may either prepare your own picnic dinner or purchase one through the Dîner en Blanc online store from one of our restaurant partners.
Dîner en Blanc - Charleston has teamed with Butcher & Bee, Caviar & Bananas, The Daily, and Ted's Butcherblock to offer gourmet picnic dinners for two. These dinners can only be purchased through the DEB online store and are packaged in a reusable, insulated Dîner en Blanc tote bag. You will still need to bring your own china, flatware and glassware.

Please note that due to liquor permitting, no outside alcohol may be brought to the event. Wine and Moët champagne is available for purchase through the online store and will be distributed onsite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area