Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,386 times

Advertisements

My sister and I are in our mid 20s moving to Charleston for 3 months this summer while we are on our clinical internship. We were looking into renting at Gardens at Ashley River because it is way cheaper than a lot of stuff out there and would save us money. However there are not that many reviews on this place. The reviews from a few years ago say there is a lot of drug/violence. We saw that across the street there is a lot of sex offenders. I am torn between this place because it would save us around $1500 compared to another location in north Charleston, however that one is safer. Does anyone know how safe this gardens at Ashley river place is? Please any information about this apartment would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 04:54 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,840 times
My son's girlfriend has lived in these apartments for about 2 years now. She is a 24 year old girl who lives alone with her dog and hasn't had any problems but it is an area with some violent crime. I believe last year an 18 year old young man was gunned down not far from there and they have yet to find the killer. Like anywhere..just be aware. They are inexpensive and the apartments are old but if it's all you can afford you could manage living there but just be aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area