Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 AM

614 posts, read 765,958 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning our 30 year anniversary and would like to visit Charleston. We were seeking input as to which hotel to stay at for 4 or 5 days. We want to be right in the thick of the downtown shops and and eating. Something we can walk to historical areas and just stroll around enjoying ourselves.

As for cost, we don't want Motel 6 cheap. A mid to upper mid level Hotel would be what we seek.
Thank you for any reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 07:33 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,277,825 times
Charleston Place Hotel... do not know the cost

Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Barksdale House Inn is nice and rates are from $169 a night. It's a bed and breakfast on George Street.

86 Church Street is another B&B that I've heard is quite nice, I don't know their prices.

Francis Marion Hotel on King and Calhoun, Wentworth Mansion, The Vendue, and Charleston Harbor Resort are all excellent and have good reviews/ratings.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 AM

55 Hotels in Charleston, SC, USA - Best Price Guarantee - Booking.com A useful link for ya.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,736 times
I've stayed in the Francis Marion Hotel (nice for the price but rooms are pretty small) and the HarbourView Inn (right along Waterfront Park and in the middle of everything). If you want to be treated like royalty, I highly suggest looking into the HarbourView Inn. We had a Historic Room where one of the walls dated back to the 1800's (it was exposed brick). It was just pure luxury. But it is pricey.

Francis Marion Hotel Charleston South Carolina

Charleston Hotel | Charleston Harbor Hotel | HarbourView Inn Charleston

Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I've stayed in the Francis Marion Hotel (nice for the price but rooms are pretty small) and the HarbourView Inn (right along Waterfront Park and in the middle of everything). If you want to be treated like royalty, I highly suggest looking into the HarbourView Inn. We had a Historic Room where one of the walls dated back to the 1800's (it was exposed brick). It was just pure luxury. But it is pricey.

Francis Marion Hotel Charleston South Carolina

Charleston Hotel | Charleston Harbor Hotel | HarbourView Inn Charleston
Yeah that sounds pretty awesome!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Yeah that sounds pretty awesome!
It was If you can afford a hotel downtown, it beats trying to fight for a parking spot. I personally think I would want to be near East Bay Street or Meeting Street. King Street is nice but I think you can see everything in a few hours whereas the other areas of downtown can take a few days if you take your time walking.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,734,844 times
We've stayed twice at the Embassy Suites, which is just a couple of blocks down from Jestine's and about three blocks from the Visitor Center. It's actually the Old CItadel and has walls three feet thick, historic but upgraded, adjacent to Marion Square. I prefer hotels with full breakfasts to you don't have to waste time looking for breakfast. Under $200 as I recall. You'll have a wonderful time no matter where you stay.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,591,525 times
I stayed at Charleston Place and wasn't impressed. The room and bathroom were nice, but the walls, at least in my room, were paper thin. There were a few women in the room next to me and I could hear their conversation like they were sitting right next to me. Luckily, my then future employer paid for the room. I wouldn't have been happy to pay a lot of money to listen to the people in the room next to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area