Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,906 times

Advertisements

How about an ongoing thread on new and opening restaurants (or new locations for multiple location restaurants)...

Bushido, the Japanese eatery featured on Man Vs. Food is opening their second location on Isle of Palms in the Harris Teeter plaza this month.

Bricco Bracco is opening their second location in the old Purée spot on Chuck Dawley.

Last edited by rorytmeadows; 05-13-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 01:26 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,572 times
Saw this online today....

O'Malleys on Charleston's upper King St. closes; to become a new bar concept – The Post and Courier

Old 05-13-2014, 04:53 PM

326 posts, read 498,340 times
I wonder how long ACs is going to last. Upper King (and the area north of crosstown) have both changed remarkably fast.

Cheap eats are going to be very scarce on the peninsula--Jack's is closing soon too.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWILLY View Post
I wonder how long ACs is going to last. Upper King (and the area north of crosstown) have both changed remarkably fast.

Cheap eats are going to be very scarce on the peninsula--Jack's is closing soon too.
It kinda stinks there's not many casual and cheap eats on the peninsula. I love my upscale dining but there are days I just want to be walking downtown and have a nice lunch where I don't need to get dressed up.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:03 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
It kinda stinks there's not many casual and cheap eats on the peninsula. I love my upscale dining but there are days I just want to be walking downtown and have a nice lunch where I don't need to get dressed up.

There are a bunch of places...But only locals know about them :P... Not too publicized

Example: Alluette's Cafe (Best soul Food) Local secret..The rest on my list are a hush hush

Old 05-13-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I kind of agree with this. It would be nice to have a couple of nice cheap eats places south of line, east of King. There are a few places to grab a $10-$15 burger, but I'm talking much cheaper. Dave's Takeout is cheap but sometimes I just want something different and can walk to the waterfront park afterward.

There are a few I guess that have meals within the $7-10 range that I remember finding.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I kind of agree with this. It would be nice to have a couple of nice cheap eats places south of line, east of King. There are a few places to grab a $10-$15 burger, but I'm talking much cheaper. Dave's Takeout is cheap but sometimes I just want something different and can walk to the waterfront park afterward.

There are a few I guess that have meals within the $7-10 range that I remember finding.
I just usually go to Fleets Landing or Southend Brewery if I'm by the market. If I'm on King, I may see something that sticks out or go to King Street Grille. But after frequenting them so many times, it gets old.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I just usually go to Fleets Landing or Southend Brewery if I'm by the market. If I'm on King, I may see something that sticks out or go to King Street Grille. But after frequenting them so many times, it gets old.
If you're cool with trying new places, there are definitely a lot of spots that don't look like they are any good but are and are raved about, just not on this board for some reason.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,651 times
Downtown, I really like Saffron and Brown Dog Deli. Both are good options for a casual lunch . I've heard good things about Ted's Butcherblock too.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
Downtown, I really like Saffron and Brown Dog Deli. Both are good options for a casual lunch . I've heard good things about Ted's Butcherblock too.
Thanks! At least some don't mind sharing several casual spots. I'll probably just have to browse TripAdvisor for others.

Sorry this was totally off topic rory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area