Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 958 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm a woman in my mid 50's looking to live in a coastal town. Nightlife isn't important to me, been there , done that. I have been taking care of my elderly parents for the past 2 yrs. and they both have Alzheimer's. Ideally I would love to find a town on the coast to live in with a small town feel. Wherever I go I will need a job and a place to live. I have 28+ yrs experience in Property Management and most recently working as a Front Desk Clerk in a hotel. I'm an extremely hard working, professional, have two adult children and now I feel it's my time to finally live on the coast. I'm open to any jobs. I'm also very personable, love people and wanting to take this leap of faith so I'll be starting all over but am excited about the opportunity! I should add I also went to school last year to become a Medical Assistant. I completed the academic part of my education with a 3.8 GPA but unfortunately was unable to do my externship since I couldn't leave my parents alone for 8 hrs/daily. If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about starting my new life I would appreciate any feedback! At this point any information, contacts would be fantastic. I thought if I start putting my plans out there maybe my dream of living in a coastal town will become a reality! Thanks in advance!!! This is my very first attempt to start putting some "feelers" out so suggestions are welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 11:42 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times
Check out the Charleston Place Hotel... and there are tons of hotels here and more being built...surely you should be able to find something!

Old 06-11-2014, 01:33 PM

59 posts, read 69,955 times
Do it! I'm from PA also, and my mom did the same thing in her mid-50's, only she went to the coast of Maine. Living by the ocean can't be beat!

Old 06-11-2014, 01:50 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
I love the website Find Your Spot.com This website will help you drill down your desires and offer suggestions of where to live.

It won't let me add the hyper link here. But if you google find your spot.com you will find it very easily.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:43 PM

268 posts, read 430,643 times
I'm still trying to follow my dreams of living on the coast, but your note was so inspiring! Best of luck to you!

Old 06-12-2014, 09:07 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,079 times
First off, my heart goes out to you for caring for your parents with alzheimer's. Caring for sick parents is stressful enough, much less with that condition.

We have a LOT of hotels here in Charleston as well as rental properties. The area is really growing and more and more hotels are being built along with more apartments (3 new complexes have opened on my road alone in the past 2 years here in West Ashley). The medical background may help you find something too, especially if someone's willing to work with you (on the job training, etc).

I'm sure you can find something, and I hope you get to live out your dreams near the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: