Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,936,651 times

Advertisements

We're getting things in order for our move to Summerville next month, and one of things on my list is to find a good vet for our five furry family members, three of which have health issues that require varying degrees of special attention/expertise. ( Sometimes it seems I spend half my life at the vet.)

I see that there are several animal hospitals listed in Summerville, but none appear to offer the all the services we've had here in NY within close proximity to our home; Our current vet offers just about everything and is open 24/7/365.

I'm especially looking for a vet that has experience in orthopedics and offers laser therapy treatment.
Also, given the number of pets we have, some sort of off-hour emergency services would really be appreciated.

Any suggestions, or is it necessary to travel out of town for specialized services and emergencies?
If the latter is the case, are there any recommendations for a basic primary vet in Summerville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,438,646 times
I live in Summerville, and we had problems with 2 Summerville vets. We now go to West Ashley Veterinary Clinic, and we go to Dr. Ryan Gipe there. He's terrific.

No vet in Summerville is open 24/7/365. If you search on the Charleston forum, there are lots of posts about off-hour vet emergency services (none of them are in Summerville).

Old 07-21-2014, 04:19 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,415,548 times
The only 24/7/365 vet service I am aware of is in Mount Pleasant...on 17...they do have a great reputation ... all the vets I know usually send there overnite patients for surgical recovery et al to that facility. I would suggest asking a local vet where they use for extended care.. and take it from there.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:30 PM

Okay then, I need some opinion on Summerville's vets. Please.
And just ask my kids... My pets come first... lol.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:36 AM

35 posts, read 47,747 times
Chad Reynolds, Central Veterinary
Susan Haynes, Westbury Veterinary

Love them!

Old 07-22-2014, 10:30 AM

Thank you, ksizemore. I guess my instincts are pretty good, because that's what I had narrowed it down to from my internet search. It looks like a toss up between the two now.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:35 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,415,548 times
The Charleston Veterinary Referral Center off Bee's Ferry ... according to todays Mercury newspaper... was just certified as a level 1 vet service institution... only one of 6 in the country... check them out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area