Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 02:07 PM

101 posts, read 110,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
it's a cool place, if you are cool. It is not for dates or romantic dinners. I guess it is geared to a certain crowd that might also like punk rock, metal, rock n' roll, thriller movies, skateboarding, X games, surfing if I was taking a guess. It's far from a cafeteria!
I'm cool, actually very cool! But I would rather have conversation during dinner.....private conversation.
* I don't want to stand at a counter to order
* I don't want to pay at the counter when food ordered since we order more than 1 beer
* Beer was over priced and served in a paper cup - really? yuck!
* Food served on plastic ware
* Bill was $45.00 - okay food, 2 beers a piece, horrible atmosphere for conversation, noisy, ~ didn't make it cool for me at all. Again, much too fast food/cafeteria like for us. I think you're on to something though, I think this is a place for a younger crowd and not for someone like me and my husband who enjoy conversation with our meals when we go out.

Like I said, enjoy Tijuana Flats if that's your thing. We wanted to give it a try but we have so many other places in Summerville that we enjoy. We won't be back, nothing personal, just not our kind of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 06:37 PM

244 posts, read 231,075 times
I got to try TF today. Nice size portions and price wasn't bad. It isn't what I call authentic Mexican but beats Taco Hell!!

Old 06-17-2016, 06:47 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Ha! Glad some of ya'll enjoy Tijuana Flats! Do not go if you want a quiet place without music, where you can have a private romantic conversation, this place is noisy, colorful and cool!

Old 06-17-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsausername View Post
I'm cool, actually very cool! But I would rather have conversation during dinner.....private conversation.
* I don't want to stand at a counter to order
* I don't want to pay at the counter when food ordered since we order more than 1 beer
* Beer was over priced and served in a paper cup - really? yuck!
* Food served on plastic ware
* Bill was $45.00 - okay food, 2 beers a piece, horrible atmosphere for conversation, noisy, ~ didn't make it cool for me at all. Again, much too fast food/cafeteria like for us. I think you're on to something though, I think this is a place for a younger crowd and not for someone like me and my husband who enjoy conversation with our meals when we go out.

Like I said, enjoy Tijuana Flats if that's your thing. We wanted to give it a try but we have so many other places in Summerville that we enjoy. We won't be back, nothing personal, just not our kind of place.
You are a fancy person, but that's ok. Hope you find a fancier place in Summerville for yourselves.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:57 AM

101 posts, read 110,306 times
Quote:
Ha! Glad some of ya'll enjoy Tijuana Flats! Do not go if you want a quiet place without music, where you can have a private romantic conversation, this place is noisy, colorful and cool!
Quote:
You are a fancy person, but that's ok. Hope you find a fancier place in Summerville for yourselves.
hehehehe. Now that's funny! Fancy, I'm not! It really was my bad, I didn't realize that Tijuana Flats was somewhat like a Moe's. I thought it was more like a La Hacienda, but better food. And, I must have gone at the wrong time because the only music playing was soft rock, which by the way, I love.......

But yeah, as far as Summerville eats, love Toast, love Shuckin Shack (see I'm not fancy!), love Five Loaves - just to name a few.

And, bring on the chicken wings and beer and I'm happy - totally not fancy..........I think Tijuana Flats would be great for lunch, just not my once a week date night.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 PM

244 posts, read 231,075 times
I didn't get to try the TF in Summerville but had a few customers

Old 09-09-2016, 07:07 AM

I stopped by the cool Tijuana Flats on my way to I-95 over the Labor Day in Summerville and ate lunch, I went to the Tijuana Flats in Va. Beach, Va. too. Both are very cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area