U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:00 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,026,499 times

Advertisements

My friends and I are going to Charleston in the end of August. We are driving down on the 26th until the 30th in separate cars. We are looking for:

Best Waterpark. We don't want to be walking around in an amusement park in 100 degree heat, so whih h Waterpark has the best slides and largest pools.

Best hotels that have a reasonable price.

Best restaurants to eat at.

Best bars.

Other notable things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 16 days ago)

3,984 posts, read 3,204,861 times
Charleston City Paper - Restaurants | Music | Events | Arts | News Start here!

Old 08-20-2014, 11:10 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,223,413 times
We don't have any waterparks...not like you are thinking... there are a couple kiddie water parks

Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant

Graze

Don't know

Walk the bridge

Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,959,194 times
If you type the criteria you listed into the search bar for this forum, there's a TON of information on all of those things.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,236,381 times
What's a reasonable price?

What kind of food?

What kind of bar?

We have 3 kiddie waterparks, not saying you can't have fun at them, just saying they are aimed at kids. Nearest adult one is Myrtle Beach.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:43 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,026,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
What's a reasonable price?

What kind of food?

What kind of bar?

We have 3 kiddie waterparks, not saying you can't have fun at them, just saying they are aimed at kids. Nearest adult one is Myrtle Beach.
Any price, any type of food, sports bar, and what are the Waterpark names?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
Any price, any type of food, sports bar, and what are the Waterpark names?
lol

I assume that you want to stay downtown? Or near the beach? If downtown, anything south of Line is fine, although the higher up the peninsula, the more walking you're going to be doing. Try and find something around King/Calhoun, or on Meeting to be in the center. If on the beach, Folly is really your only spot, if you didn't really want to rent a beach house. If all of that is too expensive, you're safe with most in Mount Pleasant.

The food question will depend on where you'd like to stay: Husk, Magnolia, FIG, SNOB, Rarebit, etc. This question has literally 100-200 answers. If you search the forum, there are a ton of threads with this question.

I'm not too good about the Sports Bars downtown, but Googling reveals King St Grill, Kickin Chicken, Wild Wings.

Charleston area waterparks: Charleston County Parks and Recreation - Waterparks

Whirlin' Waters, Splash Zone, Splash Island - all very kids oriented

Myrtle Beach area waterparks:

Myrtle Beach Water Park - Myrtle Waves

Wild Water & Wheels :: Myrtle Beach Water Park

Moved here last year from Rochester (30 years), btw.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 PM

Also, seeing as though you're 23 and probably coming down with a bunch of friends that are the same age, may I suggest putting the "sports bar" requirement and enjoy some of the nice bars that don't necessarily have 20 TVs. There are some killer bars downtown that you can definitely enjoy that way. I'd also recommend staying downtown where you'll have access to cheaper taxi rides.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:42 PM

199 posts, read 193,105 times
If all y'all are around 23 I would hit up upper King for bars. It's where a lot of the CoC students hang out so it's got a younger vibe/crowd. Last time I was there was over Memorial Day with a few friends and we had a blast (I'm around your age).

Old 08-21-2014, 07:31 PM

229 posts, read 303,159 times
Though not a sports bar, I would definitely recommend Closed for Business on King St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or