Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 08:58 AM

19 posts, read 45,972 times

Advertisements

Hello!

A couple of buddies of mine and myself are going to be in Charleston from 10/9 -10/13 for vacation. We are all from Texas, but flights were very cheap and one of the guys is paying for the entire hotel with his points so our travel to Charleston and our hotel in the historic district overall will be VERY cheap.

So far these are our plans for the days:

Thursday - Get in around 3 and check into the hotel, free after that
Friday - Fishing trip until noon, free after that
Saturday - Planning for Folley Beach in the morning, free til 6, watching college football in the evening.
Sunday - Free all day
Monday - Golf in the morning then head out of town

Questions:

With the trip only costing us around $200 a piece for travel and stay, we would like to do fancy restraunts pretty much every night. Recommendations around the historic district/downtown? Probably most interested in steak houses and seafood.

College football Saturday night, where would be a good spot?

We will also need a nice but not too expensive golf course(s), recommendations?

Any other things or activities we must not miss during our free time please let me know so we can check it out.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 09:40 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
1) The Oaks Steakhouse on Broad St. The Charleston Grill on King St.. Poogan's Porch on Queen St.

2) Tommy Condon's on Church St

3) https://www.lastminutegolfer.com/?gc...fxoCazbw_wcB#/

Check out the deals for Charleston National and Legend Oaks.

Hope that helps! Have fun. Gonna be a nice change in pace fromthe Dirty Third...

Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,538 times
All the suggestions above work well...let me add ...

Patriots Point links.. since your downtown .. easy to get to

Grab a meal .. any meal ..at Hominy Grill

Sunday Gospel brunch at Halls Chophouse

After dinner spots... Stars rooftop bar...rooftop at the Vendue Inn..and the roof top at the Market Place Hotel.... lots of eye candy..lively crowd

For a music venue.. Charleston Pour House...

For general hanging around... The Warehouse.. young professionals and legal college and grad school hangout..

Have a great time ...

Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM

19 posts, read 45,972 times
Thank you both for the replies, look like great suggestions so far.

After dinner spots is one I definitely left off (and it won't let me edit), so thanks for those!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:58 PM

199 posts, read 257,882 times
Hit up upper King Street one night when y'all are in Charleston. It's a great stretch of bars that is chock full of College of Charleston students and young professionals.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpirate View Post
Hit up upper King Street one night when y'all are in Charleston. It's a great stretch of bars that is chock full of College of Charleston students and young professionals.
^^^this

Old 10-08-2014, 07:43 PM

218 posts, read 214,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post
All the suggestions above work well...let me add ...

Patriots Point links.. since your downtown .. easy to get to

Grab a meal .. any meal ..at Hominy Grill

Sunday Gospel brunch at Halls Chophouse

After dinner spots... Stars rooftop bar...rooftop at the Vendue Inn..and the roof top at the Market Place Hotel.... lots of eye candy..lively crowd

For a music venue.. Charleston Pour House...

For general hanging around... The Warehouse.. young professionals and legal college and grad school hangout..

Have a great time ...
You've gotta hit up Shem Creek man! That's where I usually pregame or watch part of the game. After that go straight downtown!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:17 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,538 times
As a follow up ... theres Zac Browns Southern Ground Food and Music Festival on Daniel Island this Saturday and Sunday t... Brown and about 15 other music groups and 20 or so restaurants serving low country food and drinks ... Blackbaud Stadium... always a great time ... Saturday 12pm to 11pm ... Sunday 12 pm to 7 pm ( I think) get tickets and you can come and go at will

Old 10-10-2014, 09:03 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
1) Restaraunts...Peninsula Grille at Planters Inn...McCradys...Charleston Harbor Fishouse (by Patriots Point)...Hanks...Hominy Grille...82 Queen...Coast...I can go on and on...but Husk is my favorite.

2) Charleston Beer Works on Upper King is a great place to watch games.
Also, Red's Ice House is a fun happy hr place to enjoy some cold ones on Shem Creek

3) Patriots Point is a nice club. If you can get out to Kiawah Island, any of the courses there are fine...The Ocean Course is the most prestigious and expensive. I've always liked Turtle Point and Cougar Point are both great. Oak Point is good and is not all the way out on the island.

If you go to Folly Beach, have lunch at one of the spots there. Or stop at Bowen Island for the oysters.

Other activities just depends what you're into. Historic house/garden tours are big...Ft Sumter is cool for a one time thing as is the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier....I'm the kind that I always like to just leisurely walk through the lower peninsula...I love looking at all the beautiful houses and stuff...if you like to jog/ride a bike, I'd suggest going for a jog/bike ride across the Ravenel Bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area