Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 PM

326 posts, read 497,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
I can't tell you how many people I've seen abuse the handicap tags, hundreds over the years I'm sure. I see them come into the parking lots, many times no one in the car with them. The one's I'm referring to aren't dropping someone off, they are just plain lazy probably using someone elses tag.

I have called them out, if you can walk as well as me into and around the store you should keep those up close spots for people that really need them. I usually park way out from everyone, because I'm healthy as a horse, but it seems there's fewer and fewer people that respect the real handicapped and elderly anymore.

you getting discharged out of the military for some physco medical discharge, or you having diabetes but still walking perfectly well into the feeding trough shouldn't afford you a handicap tag.. I've debated with both... there's whole shows dedicated to how people abuse them, but nothing is done about it
oh no doubt people abuse it. somehow a number of UCLA football players got hold of handicapped placards to use on campus (where parking is a premium). that's really horrible.

and i'm with you on parking far away: i would rather park quickly and walk further than drive around looking for that sweet spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 01:41 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,286,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I wish they would not give the option for a truck plate for cars. I see people with these truck plate on their fancy cars and I don't like it. Why can't they just be normal like everyone else? Why do they allow people to use these plates on regular cars?
revenue generation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area