Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,782 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of starting a new life in Charleston after burying my mother last month and losing a relationship a few days ago. Charleston is my home town (back in 1972) and I vacation down there every summer as well as I have some family down there. I plan on moving in with them for a while.

What I am looking for is any suggestions OTHER THAN the internet (Indeed, Monster) job search engines. I dont need home buying info, school info. Just job info.

I know there are more research options other than the net. My thought process is temp services, employment services in town???

Up here in Ohio we have a organization called Ohio Means Jobs. It has TONS of job assistance available for people out of work or needing part time work.

I am looking for full time work in the construction field, primarily heavy equipment operation and laborer or maintenance. But the nice thing is I have MANY handy skills including fitness equipment repair and some PC repair. Sort of a jack of all trades type of person. Nice perks to fall back on for extra money.

can anyone point me in a direction with an office or service in town similar to our Ohio Means Jobs organization?

I have reseached a bunch of websites (including job listing sites) but I dont want to limit myself to just that option. I know there has to be other options.

thanx yall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,782 times
I actually think I found a link to job assistance. but I'll still see if anyone posts other options

Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 4,333,497 times
The state unemployment office.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:43 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,419,555 times
Try something like ..lowcountryjobs.com... I couldn't give you a link that worked .. so it may not be exactly that...best of luck ... and welcome home!

Old 11-24-2014, 05:13 AM

606 posts, read 727,776 times
Try to reconnect with any old friends, co-workers or even distant relatives you have in the Charleston area. LinkedIN is a good way to find people you may have worked with previously. People you know are the still the best way to find a job.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:41 AM

324 posts, read 805,475 times
https://dss.sc.gov/content/customers...MMP/index.aspx

Old 11-28-2014, 08:18 PM

417 posts, read 431,672 times
yes there are several...try staffing solutions

Old 11-28-2014, 08:20 PM

417 posts, read 431,672 times
Alternative Staffing and several others come up when u look for staffing solutions or agencies
Charleston Jobs, Staffing, Employment Agency: Innovative Partners
M & M Staffing Agency | Summerville temp jobs | Charleston Staffing temporary jobs

There are many more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area