U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,112 times

Advertisements

My wife and myself are looking to start a Frontier Girls Troop in Mt Pleasant for our 2 girls. They enjoy camping at the local Boy Scout Camp with my troop and would enjoy the same benefits Scouting brings to Boys for them.

Has anyone else in the Mt Pleasant/Charleston area thought about starting a Frontier Girls Troop or know of any in the building stages? I have a possible church in North Charleston interested but was hoping to find a non-profit closer to Mt Pleasant to charter the troop.

I currently work with a Boy Scout Troop in James Island but its a long drive to there weekly meetings from Mt Pleasant. I was successful in starting an American Heritage Girls troop with a cub scout pack on James Island but since the BSA changed there policy the American Heritage Girls troop folded a little after a year from starting.

My goal would be to build a Frontier Girls Troop and Cub Scout pack together so a family who has children interested in both can commit to a single meeting weekly and have both children attending the meeting at the same time. Since Frontier Girls allows girls to use the same rank requirements as Cub Scout and Boy Scouts its very easy to develop a program that allows both boys and girls to work on advancement together.

Thanks,

Stephen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or