Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 08:41 PM

11 posts, read 13,824 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be relocating to the greater Charleston area in about four months and will initially be renting. We will be purchasing a home within about six months of relocating. What are the opinions of the homes at Bolton's Landing? We would prefer hiking trails/walking paths and other such amenities and our budget is in the 300K range. Suggestions? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 06:32 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,248 times
Bolton's landing is pretty nice as one of the new West Ashley communities. Much depends on what your other parameters are. Have you been to Charleston for a visit yet?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:10 AM

Yes, we were in the area briefly last August. We are also considering the outlying cities. We would like a community pool, the trails as I had mentioned, and would appreciate a sense of newness as well as some historic charm. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. We did visit Carnes Crossroads and have researched The Ponds and some of "The Bay" developments. But again, just research so far, so any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:22 PM

I'm assuming by "The Bay" you're referring to Carolina Bay? The Essex section there is nice and has some come up in the low 300's sometimes. They have some nice walking trails and even a kayak launch back in there. We used to walk dogs there before it was built out.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:29 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,048,960 times
I live near Bolton's Landing and Carolina Bay. They're both very nice communities. We looked at buying a home in both (we don't live in either one, though). I'd recommend Carolina Bay over Bolton's personally (it's not super accessible with 17, as you can't turn left coming out of the development). Carolina Bay does have trails and there's also the West Ashley Greenway nearby. The Ashley River Rd. bike path is about 3.5 miles from Bolton's Landing, too.

There are a lot of apartment complexes on Bees Ferry Rd now, and rent prices have gone up since we moved down to Charleston 3 years ago. Bolton's is a nicer complex though, I have had a few friends who lived out there in the past year or two and had no problems as renters.

The Bees Ferry Rd. construction is done so the trek from Bolton's Landing to Glenn McConnell Blvd isn't as bad in the mornings now as it previously was a few months ago.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:13 AM

It's a good point that you can't turn left onto 17 coming out of Bolton's Landing. It's a minor enough inconvenience but I admit, I'd probably get tired of it if I had to do it every day. Carolina Bay is a little closer in to Charleston too.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I will check out Carolina Bay also. Do any of you have other suggestions in our price point? It can be in Hanahan, Goose Creek, or Summerville. Where we locate will ultimately be determined by where my wife secures a PT position. I sell insurance, and so I will travel all over eastern South Carolina and the home location is mostly irrelevant.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,164 times
Did you look at the ponds in Summerville?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,164 times
Check out nexton in Summerville too

Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 AM

I have only looked at The Ponds online and it looks really nice. I've not even heard of Nexton so I will look it up. Thanks for the info...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area