Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:17 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,717,749 times

Advertisements

I had a friend in retail that said as Lowe's was the only big box store of its type in MTP, that they seemed to be "cocky". I cannot say I witnessed that and I shopped there quite a bit. One manager there, Joe Rodgers, was always very helpful to me.

Last edited by johngolf; 02-02-2015 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 07:21 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,048,754 times
We shop at the West Ashley Lowe's quite often. It's right across from Home Depot, but I've always found better deals and gotten good service at the Lowe's. The fact that they had next-day delivery on our washer (that we had to buy as an emergency purchase) was a big deal this Christmas!

Old 02-04-2015, 12:34 PM

183 posts, read 356,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I've been told that the Lowe's in Mt Pleasant is one of Lowes's top 5 stores in the nation for business done each year. I have friends that work there and volume wise, it's one of the biggest that the chain operates.
That's because there isn't a Home Depot right there to compete with them. Mt. Pleasant definitely has the highest volume of all the ones in the area.

I used to work as a part-time vendor for a lawn and garden company that supplied Lowe's with its house-brand grass fertilizers. There are 7 in the Charleston area:

North Charleston near Northwoods Mall (good volume)
North Charleston on Dorchester Road (slightly less volume, newest location in area)
James Island (decent volume, this store had pretty good management from what I remember)
Mt. Pleasant (highest volume, busy store, nice for a Lowe's, no Big Orange nearby)
West Ashley (can't remember much about this store, it was nice enough)
Summerville (older, very small warehouse, good volume)
Goose Creek (newer, decent volume, some of the workers were strange)

I spent hours in these stores stocking, cleaning, etc. and often just trying to fill my quota for hours. Dorchester Road location is the newest one and it's nice, a good size, decent amount of customers. One of the assistant managers was a dick, I don't know if he's still there or not. Mt. Pleasant is a very busy store and quite nice, with good management. Those are the two I'd probably want to work at. James Island and West Ashley stores tended to blend together for me, but JI had a really good asst. store manager. North Charleston near the mall is a relatively busy store, but Home Depot is literally right across the street and tends to stay very busy. Summerville and Goose Creek weren't too bad. I'd probably rather work at the Summerville one even though it's a little older/smaller. Nothing against Goose Creek, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM

113 posts, read 223,463 times
Wow - you guys are awesome! Thanks for the insight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area