Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:57 PM

155 posts, read 248,429 times

Advertisements

Thank you very much, friends, you gave me a lot of interesting information.
I will enroll at South Carolina Outdoor News Forums so I guess I can get more info about places and so on.
I know how hunting, dont't worry; I know that a rifle's bullet can be dangerous for many miles, so I will be sure of what is behind the target, before I shoot. Obviously the best is to shoot downward, I know.
I only don't know if a 223 rem is enought for such a game.

I really don't eat wild meat, so I'd prefer to shoot cayotes instead deers: even if I don't shoot anything, it's ok, I just want a plase to walk in with a rifle and a good reason to do that.

Two days ago I bought an hunting license with WMA places, at Walmart, and the associate, a woman, told me "kill cayotes, they're making a lot of damage!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 04:12 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
She should have said hogs. Much easier to come by and even more damaging.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:58 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
She should have said hogs. Much easier to come by and even more damaging.
AND they're edible!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:52 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,471,350 times
deut a .223 is what most people use for coyotes and hogs, perfect round for it

WMA is full of yotes, I've seen many while turkey hunting that I would have shot had I had a .223 with me instead of a blend of #4's 5's and 6's in a shotgun

google map the francis marion forest and zoom in on earth view, look for fields and go explore...

I have killed many while deer hunting too, that .308 I deer hunt with takes them down instantly...

Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 913 times
Default ky-otes

I live on 5ac on the old Causey lands off 41 (btw, a bunch of big lots quietly available at the moment, possible development).

I see coyotes daily. I usually see one in the wooded part of my driveway on my way to work around 5am. My Neighbor Danny recently trapped 2. Sometimes i take longpoint to 526 and occasionally i spy one around the snee farm entrance or that pinckney park. Always on that side of the road...never seen one on the boone hall side fot some reason. Other times i take Clements Ferry to 526 and i almost always see a beautiful, healthy, specimen around the Gilden shop. He is always standing there on the side of the road watching traffic. I wish i could get a pic of him. his coat is perfect and full. He is not scrawny. Could it be coyodog?

Also, i lived on DI for 5 years and i saw a coyote (i swore it was a wolf but dnr told me it was a coyote) multiple times on the far side of that big retaining pond as you come off the ramp from mt p. Also, i did a bit of exploring in the woods over by the Wando and came across one there. And i saw a cat that i swear was a female lion! I was metal detecting an old foundation i found and looked across the creek to a little spit of land and it was just lying there! I know nothing about cats but it looked like a lion. Yellow/tanish. Big. Dnr laughed at me. Could it be a cougar or Mt lion or something?

saw a couple pretty foxes the past few days. Nasty possums always hangong out in my traps...

Lost my first chicken in 6months on saturday. One of My fave bantams. Guess a coyote got it. No remains. Had a problem a while back w something popping their heads off. Was told was a possum or racoon.

Im learnin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: