U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 2,213 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are hoping to retire by the end of 2016 and are thinking we might like to move to Summerville, SC. We would be on a very very tight budget and would like to know as much about the area as we can find out. We hope to make several day trips to visit and get a feel for the area. We would be looking for a 1 - 2 bedroom one floor house or ground level apartment that would accept a dog (70lb lab boxer mix 7 yrs old). Any information we can get would be a great help.

Thank you in advance......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 02:45 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,470,615 times
I would suggest first doing a forum search of the Summerville threads because there's a lot of ground to cover in your inquiry, and there has already been quite a bit of info posted that could help you out.

From the perspective of a relatively new Summerville resident, my family and I absolutely love it here and have felt at home from day one.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:59 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,034,051 times
I would suggest first doing a forum search of the Summerville threads because there's a lot of ground to cover in your inquiry, and there has already been quite a bit of info posted that could help you out.

^^ Ditto ^^ (I live in Summerville, also.)

Old 03-29-2015, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 2,213 times
I am new on this site, how do I do a forum search?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:09 PM

4,334 posts, read 7,386,231 times
Go to the main "Charleston Area" page, look up at the top right corner. Under the long list of page numbers, there is a drop down box that says "search this forum". Click on it and type in "Summerville". It gives you a choice to search either entire threads that contain the word "Summerville" somewhere in them or, more specifically, individual posts that contain that word. It will then populate with a list of any threads/posts that have the word "Summerville" somewhere in them.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:37 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,470,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Go to the main "Charleston Area" page, look up at the top right corner. Under the long list of page numbers, there is a drop down box that says "search this forum". Click on it and type in "Summerville". It gives you a choice to search either entire threads that contain the word "Summerville" somewhere in them or, more specifically, individual posts that contain that word. It will then populate with a list of any threads/posts that have the word "Summerville" somewhere in them.
Or at the top where it says Search Forums, type in Summerville SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or