Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times

Advertisements

I have a question about growth in that area. Since we moved to Cane Bay I keep seeing new areas being constructed/developed, the most recent glaring one is on 17A and Carnes Crossroads. I have combed the Interned and found that a company from Charlotte, Lincoln Harris is developing this area. I did speak w/ several people in charge of the project but they could not give more specific details as to what is coming to that area. Here's the link to their newest shopping center http://www.lincolnharris.com/Properties/PropertyDetails.aspx?KEY=165

So my question is, does anyone know what the Grocery Store is going to be? Supposedly this information was leaked out a few weeks ago. I am hoping our resident realtors would know this info?

Thanks for any responses...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 07:25 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,197 times
I heard it was a Publix ( but it may only be a rumour).

Old 01-16-2008, 07:48 AM

186 posts, read 578,317 times
When we visited the Del Webb at Cane Bay community last October, we were told that it was 90% settled that it would be a Publix.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,680,893 times
Hmmm I wonder if they will close the one that is about 3 or 4 miles from 17A? I hope not because it's close to my house. lol

Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 AM

174 posts, read 652,190 times
Pokrpir,

Remember me? Stella from Cape Cod, MA moving into Del Webb?
We are in Temp housing in Summerville at Del Webb's expense since our house wasn't finished on time. We left MA Dec 17th and have been homeless since. Will be moving in around Feb 21st.

How do you like living in Cane Bay? We pass your development everytime we go to Del/Webb. Would be great if it were a Publix (I like that store) Where do you shop now. Publix or Bi Low?

Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 AM

183 posts, read 752,974 times
I'm not familiar with either Publix or Bi-Low. How are they price-wise in comparison to Wal-Mart's Grocery Dept?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:48 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Hi Stella! Yes I remember you (Redsox fan, lol)...I SOO know the temp housing deal, we did it too and it stinks! Look @ the brightside you have less than one more month to go. Bet you can't wait. We are enjoying our home, still working out the kinks as there always seems to be some w/ new construction. I drove by DW the other day and was shocked as to how many homes were up. Its really starting to shape out there. I hope that the grocery store is a Publix, I finally got in touch w/ the developer and he knows which one it is, just cant say right now. He told me to give him about 2 more weeks before they make their official announcement. He also said that it would be 2nd qtr of 2010 before it opens
As for now we go to Publix in goose creek, its if I remember right 11 or 12 miles from here. Since it's kinda a hike we make sure to load up. I'm sure the BiLo is closer but the quality of food is WAY better @ pub's...

VAMT - As for price comparison vs. Wally World (Walmart) there really is None. Probably on 99% of things WM are cheaper, however, its the quality of food that brings us to Publix and the enviroment. IE: Bakery (Closest bread to NY), Deli again same reasons, Meat and Produce Dept hands down better quality & selection.
AND, No disrespect to anyone with this comment but I feel like I'm the only English speaking person when I'm @ WM so I do try and avoid...

Last edited by pokrplr; 01-19-2008 at 08:58 AM..

Old 01-20-2008, 09:07 AM

183 posts, read 752,974 times
Thanks for the grocery store input. Here in the sticks we only have Wal-Mart or Food Lion to choose from. The english speaking part is not an issue here.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 AM

174 posts, read 652,190 times
pokrpir

Agree with the Publix. Have gone there several times. Have gone to Bi Lo but also like Publix better. 2 years seem like a long time for a supermarket but I'm sure it will go fast.

We are anxious to move into our house. If you go to Del/Webb you can see a few house further out than the rest. We are on Billowing Sails St. The house will be finished soon but it's the water connection, so we are going to use that time to paint inside and get our window treatments measured.

Have to admit, Del/Webb couldn't be nicer. there are 5 of us in the same situation so we try to support one another. Just hope it's not going to go into March.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM

4 posts, read 9,668 times
We would like to have a fireworks show on the back side of the pond on Laurel Crest Way. Sunday at 8:00. Everyone in the area can watch from their backyards. If you would like to take part please contact Ellenor at 843-670-6657. This will allow the children to see the fireworks and still be safe. Adults will do the work. This is not a fund raiser or to make money. It just to give the children a firework show and keep them safe. Sorry for the short notices, but we planned to do this in our back yard, but we would like to make it a community show to allow us to come together and meet other families in the area. Thank Ellenor and Quintin Wade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area