Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:54 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,786,434 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's ahead of schedule because a lot of planning and studies are already done? It sounds a lot like a development that was planned around the peak of the last housing bubble. Maybe they'll make it through this one before it lets go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:53 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,287,410 times
I live in Grand Oaks and Long Savannah is suppose to border Grand Oaks to some degree. I just can't imagine any more cars on the road in this area. It's going to get very interesting..

Old 04-30-2015, 05:26 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,786,434 times
It would help if they would time the lights on that road that goes out from Lowes/HD. The one named after somebody... Glenn Mc Connel maybe. Sometimes we head out to see a couple of people who live out that way at maybe 6 in the evening. It's either easy / no traffic or a cluster. There is no middle ground.

Also I have no clue how they'll deal with hwy 17. There isn't the space to do it the same way they did in Mt Pleasant until you get farther out and even then they'd better start soon or the land will all be developed.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:00 AM

2,000 posts, read 1,863,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
It would help if they would time the lights on that road that goes out from Lowes/HD. The one named after somebody... Glenn Mc Connel maybe. Sometimes we head out to see a couple of people who live out that way at maybe 6 in the evening. It's either easy / no traffic or a cluster. There is no middle ground.

Also I have no clue how they'll deal with hwy 17. There isn't the space to do it the same way they did in Mt Pleasant until you get farther out and even then they'd better start soon or the land will all be developed.
Yes they should be some type of parkway or something buecause even with widder roads its gonna be too much traffic And it will not flow because of stoplights ect. Atleast a a parkway will keep it flowing or just bring mass transportation out there akong with summerville

Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,063,936 times
I'll never understand why they didn't simply plan to extend Glenn McConnell north of Bees Ferry, with a flyover at Bees Ferry, and have it parallel Hwy 61 for at least a few miles and then have it tie-over to Hwy 61.

As far as traffic management goes, I'm not sure how the planned Long Savannah Pkwy really helps that much other than get traffic to/from the WA Circle/Bees Ferry area. Unless I'm not seeing this clearly, traffic is going to be horrible in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area