Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 05:48 PM

515 posts, read 482,192 times

Advertisements

3 Black Churches burnt in North Carolina, Georgia and S.Carolina in the past 5 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Did that petition seriously refer to Ft. Sumter as the "birthplace of slavery?" This just illustrates our failing education system.

I totally agree that this one is stupid and has zero merit.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:19 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
All this nonsense needs to stop.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:14 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtopplings View Post
No it's exactly the same. It was civil disobedience, she didn't hurt anyone and it was a symbolic act. Can't compare something done in public to someone's personal property.
I don't agree with breaking the law either, but in this case it was very appropriate and again, no one got hurt and nothing was destroyed.
With the same token do you support drawing Muhammad cartoons in the name of Freedom of Speech?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
With the same token do you support drawing Muhammad cartoons in the name of Freedom of Speech?
Yes I do

Old 06-27-2015, 10:32 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muer22 View Post
I see the only thing you are good at is throwing insults at the people you hate. Remember when you judge it says more about you than the thing being judged.
Why is he a "nut case"? He is not calling for all white men to be enslaved and all white women to be sex slaves. That was your hero John C. Calhoun.
You my friend need to listen to what this guy says about 'everybody' He's a hatter, and I can see why he's no longer a Christian. Why are you bringing J.C. Calhoun to me? I have not love for him either.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:34 PM

402 posts, read 686,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Its extremely disappointing that what was suppose to be a unifying event has turned into an extremely divisive topic. Now the most divisive president in U.S. History is coming to capitalize this and bring up gun control and anything else on his agenda that obviously a hot topic around here. It's election season so everybody is trying to say the right thing and what they think everybody wants to hear. It's disgusting. Meanwhile there were shootings at kids birthday parties in both Detroit and Philadelphia in the same day and it's no big deal because apparently the shooters were the same race as the victims. We've already had statues here vandalized, this place is crawling with national media and professional activists that make their living stirring up conflict, and now traffic is going to be even worse because a lame duck president is trying to boost his failing ratings. Nobody talked about the flag until 4 days ago, now everybody has a strong opinion of it. I'm sure Obama is going to bring up hate and the Confederate flag ( not that he would know since his has no slavery based lineage and was raised in Hawaii and Indonesia and was neighbors with an American Terrorist in Chicago). The bridge event wasn't even covered by CNN. Everybody now thinks that Charleston is a hotbed of racism when it's probably the least the racist part of the country. We now have liberal activist living in Boston or San Fracisco living in cities with less than 5% black population l telling us how we should be getting along...you know because they saw black people on TV once.

By taking down the flag, we'll end up legitimizing its use as a symbol of hate rather than a flag that simply unifies an entire region and culture. Polls recently showed that over 60% of South Carolinians want the flag to stay. To assume that 60% will just quitely be ok with this decision is insane.
True this

Old 06-29-2015, 05:12 PM

71 posts, read 49,195 times
For all of you on here ranting and raving about the N-word, just remember it goes both ways. I was living in Colorado (90's) and my son was 5 or 6 at the time. We were at a park and he was playing with all of the kids because you know at that age they don't care whether they're black, brown, white or purple, when he comes crying to me because someone had called him a 'cracker'. I almost laughed because I didn't think anyone used that name any longer, but didn't. Now tell me - where do you think that child (of another race and I'm pretty sure you know which one) learned that word?

Old 06-29-2015, 06:49 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
What does the N-word or C-word have to do with anything? I thought this was about the flag?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:10 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
What does the N-word or C-word have to do with anything? I thought this was about the flag?
When people are tying the flag to slavery and racism, thats why you get the N-word, and now the C-word tied in....If we spoke about the Confederate Flag as a battle field flag, Ho-hum, nobody cares. When you tie it to a racial thing, then it hits nerves. Add the media stirring the pot and you have a perfect storm. Black cop shoots black perp or white cop shoots white perp, it gets a few lines in the newspaper. White cop shoots black perp, national media is all over that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area